• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

sad :<

My reasons are pretty Mundane. I used to be an A+ student in high school. But ever since my transition to the best university in my country, I cant do anything right. I cant focus. I cant think straight. My grades used to be what kept me alive because I felt smart and wanted. Now I feel like a disappointment. I just feel like I dont deserve to be here. To live on campus, to eat, sleep or do anything. I have a history of neglect from my parents so my suicidal attempts are usually just for the purpose of getting attention from someone. But despite this and me seeking out for help, no one helps me. They care maybe on our first appointment and then they dont. They just say start deep breathing, all of them. Like I havn't tried that. I just dont want to let anyone down with my grades. I dont want to be useless. I just cant do this anymore. I have a lot of mental problems like anxiety and depression but also self care. I just want someone to tell me whats wrong with me so at least im self aware of them and learn how to fix them. My problems cant simply be summed up to anxiety or depression, they branch out to so many complex things that just make me feel so overwhelmed. Im just so angry at myself for not functioning properly. I wish I could have had a normal family, maybe then I'd be better. All in all living right now is a trek and i don't know if I can keep going like this.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I just want you to know that I care about you. I don't know what is wrong with you, I can't help you with that. It is normal to get good grades or the best grades in high school and to struggle in university; many people go through that. It is nothing to be ashamed of. If you keep talking here we can help you feel better about yourself. THere are many people here who care about you and you can make friends here.

ShyGuy

Hi. A suggestion I have is that maybe you should talk to a counselor or/and a peer support line for support and advice.

I used to be an A+ student in high school. But ever since my transition to the best university in my country, I cant do anything right. I cant focus. I cant think straight. My grades used to be what kept me alive because I felt smart and wanted. Now I feel like a disappointment.
It's natural that if you go to the best university in your country that your relative academic performance would decline. Maybe if you went to a less competitive university, you'd be happier getting better grades.

About treatment, idk, the link in my signature might have something that could help.

Wishing you good things.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00