sadness and life

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darkrider, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

Hey it's me again. lol. I don't know what i'm rooting for with these posts tbh.

I'd like to know simply, does anyone feel sadness all the time?

For me it's a constant emotion each day, along with feeling low, and alone, wherever I am. There's things that happen in the world that somehow make me feel worse but why i'm so sad, I don't know.

I was thinking to myself i'm going to live another 60-70 years, but I don't want to hang around that long, especially not like this. This isn't something i've thought about on a whim, it's how I feel.

I'm trying not to sound silly but I wish there was an off button for my life. I don't want a scene, I would just disappear on my own. Obviously I can't do the s word because my family would die inside, they have so many problems, how can they take mine too? I guess what i'm saying is I feel trapped. I so badly want no more of this, just a subtle end, but I can't. I don't know what the answer is.

2. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Yes darkrider, I feel like this everyday. The only variation is the degree of sadness i feel on a day to day basis. I dont know the answer either, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
    Lea :hug:

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't know if it is sadness or depression. I have no emotions but anger anymore. I have no motivation to do anything but come on the forum or to just lay in bed watching the ceiling fan go round and round. I'm not trying to be funny. That is what my life is like. I am isolated to my bedroom 24/7 everyday for the last 15 years.
    I only come out for necessities or for appointments. I try to force myself to go to my brothers on the weekends but here for the last three months I haven't even done that. My suicidal thoughts are dailey but I keep tabs on them with the help of my therapist and my friends here on the forum. So like I said I am not sure. Take Care!!~Joseph~

4. Sam2009

Sam2009 Member

you have just described how i feel too. i dont get excited about anything, im not even sure if i've had a good time when people ask me. i hate the fact that i am still here, but I could not do that to the people who care about me. my love for them is the only thing that is keeping me here, but i resent it, because when i have periods like i am having now, its just such excrutiating pain. last night i was running around my flat crying like an idiot and banging my head on the walls then crying even more at the thought of the look on my mums face if she ever found out about my despair. so i guess i just have to live with my horrible thoughts and hope that in time i will get better.

5. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

I feel sadness all the time also.
    Sometimes, it's more apparent than others.
    Sometimes I'll be happy and then BAM I'm sad.

The only thing that's keeping me from leaving is my family also.
    And it's not weird that you wish that your life has an off button, I wish mine does too.
    Or a reset button..

6. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

I feel total sadness ALL the time,even if i try and watch a movie,i carnt seem to shake the mood and the feelings and thoughts are always there.
    Ive given up being happy and i have another 60 years to go still,and BTW the sadness started when i was just a small kid,so there was really never a time when i was happy!!!!

7. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I was sad when I was a small kid too, I don't know if I mentioned that. I have always been very quiet, and aloof. I've always felt I feel more than everyone around me.

I've read posts from suicidal people who say they're 'bored' with the world. To be honest that is completely how I feel. Even on a good day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.