Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dazzle11215, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

just want to get a few things out. feeling really sad. and lonely. haven't talked to another soul all day, not sure who would notice if i left. except my cat, i'm sure he'd notice. he's really all i have. trying to keep a brave face on but i want things to be different. i want things to be better in my family, i want support from them and i'm feeling like i'm never going to get it. i told my sister that i was hospitalized and she just changed the subject. that really hurt. it still hurts. i wish we were closer. we're twins and it's our birthday next week. i doubt she'll even send a card. i'm just so lonely. thanks for listening.
  2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Yeah, days can go by and I don't have a meaningful conversation with anybody. Take care of yourself.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Sorry to hear that you're feeling sad dazzle. Maybe a hug will help? :hug:
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Having a twin that you are not close to must be awful...and your family not being caring after being in the hospital must amplify the pain...please know that you are not alone as we are here and can surely understand how you are feeling...
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too am sending hugs you way i am a twin too and know how it feels when we are not on par with each other. I hope you keep talking here okay so you know you are not as alone as you think take care dazzle okay i am here i am listening to you i care.
  6. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry that you feel this way but I'm really glad you've got a cat. Cat's are fab. My two favourite sayings about cats are:
    'Dogs have masters, Cats have staff'
    'Cats were once worshipped as Gods and they've never forgotten it'.
    My cat's fit both profiles, does yours?
    I'm sorry your sister is the way she is. Perhaps she just can't cope with your condition, it's not easy to have a family member who is ill. I'm sure that she does love you, she just can't show it. Maybe she feels guilty because you're ill and she isn't.
    Either way, we can choose our friends but we can't choose our family. Lower your expectations of them and that might help.
    Sending lots of hugs. x
  7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

thanks to everyone who responded to my thread. it means alot. birthday came and went without a card from my sister. i am sad but okay. i accept that she's doing her own thing right now. maybe things will improve down the road. it's kind of out of my hands. trying to not worry about it. one week left in my outpatient group (been with them a month next week). feeling so much stronger than i was when i went into the hospital. even got a hug from my psychiatrist today. that was nice! and unexpected. thanks for listening,
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am sorry your sister did not take the time even to wish you a happy birthday how sad I am glad you were in therapy and getting support you need though
    Your pdoc sounds very nice Maybe in time you sister will realize how cruel she was and apologize i hope so. take care:hugtackles:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.