Safe overdose.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Unoe, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unoe

Unoe Member

This sounds stupid but i want to put myself into hospital.. only thing is i would like to know a ruff amount of pills i could take for a safe overdose
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you don't need to overdose to go to the hospital. you could just go the ER and tell them that you are scared you will harm yourself. they will know what to do.
  3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

There's no such thing as a safe overdose... there are so many variations that you could put your life in serious danger even though you don't necessarily mean to die. Definitely not advisable!
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I agree with the last two posts. There really isn't such a thing as a safe overdose. Depending on the pills you take, how much is in them and so on, there are so many variables, and none of them are safe.
    If you think you are in danger, go to ER, tell them you are worried you will attempt suicide or harm yourself. Theyr trained to deal with that, they don't need 'proof'
    Please take care.
  5. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

An overdose by definition is unsafe, which is why it's called an overdose :tongue:.

As others have stated, you can simply admit yourself into a hospital.
  6. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as a safe ovedose any overdose can cause physical health problems which you will have to live with knowing you've done it yourself like I do. And you don't have to od in order to get some help
  7. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i used to want to do this too, hence why i still cant work out whether my two overdoses were to get in hospital (i dont even know why i wanted to - maybe to show my parents that i desperately needed help), or whether they were actually suicide attempts. i think it was a bit of both.
    but anyway lol getting back to your question, as everyone else has said theres no such thing as a safe OD. unless what you meant is what is a safe amount to take, like not enough to kill you but but you in the hospital? it depends what you OD on. different pills have different things in them.
  8. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I OD'd and got really bad, but my parents know me and know I wouldn't want to go to a hospital. Esp, because of my bad experiences. But if you want to go to a hospital, you should take charge. Find one that is going to help you, you can admit yourself. Not trying to use Girl Interrupted, but she was like 19 or 20. That's older than your parents can do that. I think, maybe if you are stilll dependent on their insurance...dunno.

Find a hospital that you know will care for you. If you attempted this "faulty suicide" because you really need to get help. Aren't there other ways of seeking out help? Like tell your therapist about your suicidal feelings, or the reason you want to go. It seems you don't really think you are suicidal, so that wouldn't be a reason to make yourself deeper into that mess.

Hospitals are best for staying safe from harm, for getting medication---IF your therapist and social worker listens to you. My social worker quit and no one found a replacement, and my doctor acted as if I was a dissident or something. And my therapist was group therapy...and all of that really just messed me up.

You will suffer trauma from this suicide attempt whether or not it was on purpose.
    Because your body is not meant to die pre-maturely, and death and age are a part of the process humans go through.

Please, dont give up, find a way to get through this without harming yourself.
    That's what hospitals are for~:smile: I hope you can get through this, and get help.
  9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

people's bodies are very different with different tolerance and sensitivity to t things- so i think any OD has a huge risk of perhaps not death but irreversible damage to your body. i agree with wallflower and the others. people will react very differently to overdoses, i took just 7 antidepressants and had a full blown seizure a few years ago.
  10. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I will follow what everyone else is saying here...Overdose attempts are not good. Most of the time you will be unsuccessful and wind up doing serious damage to your body. I always think about if things start doing well in my life afterwards...then what? You've ruined or shortened your life! Its not worth it. If you can, check yourself in. Live to fight another day...

Sidenote: What the hell has gotten into me?
  11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You're getting better. :smile:
  12. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Are you wanting to try and discover a "safe" dosage b/c you are afraid that people won't TRULY help you or being concerned for you IF you are not on the verge of dying or the like?

I work for a hospital and the fact that you are seeking a way to kill yourself BUT not all the way, is a clear indication to tell someone.....the ER's at least in our hospital take suicidal people very seriously and are sensitive to them.

It's a fine line we walk and it's a split second we are battling to fight against/for betwen living and killing ourselves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.