Safe place

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by total eclipse, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have always thought god if there were some place i could go where i know noone could hurt me where i could be safe. I realize there is no place I thought i found it finally but i was hurt there I just don't think there is a safe place even my therapist says office is a safe place noone can hurt me i can open up be vulnerable No i will never be vulnerable agian I am never going to be that stupid again never ever will i trust anyone again.

2. poison

poison Well-Known Member

trusting someone is more of a sign of strength than vulnerability. if you are strong, you can be comfortable in being vulnerable. sorry if that didn't help :( :hug:

3. total eclipse

I guess if i were strong i wouldn't need any help. I just do see how to let ones guard down when everyone that suppose to care that suppose to have insight that suppose to protect you failed I simply cannot be fooled again i cannot be hurt again because next time i won't get up trust me ah so i can be thrown aside again treated like nothing again ffffffffffffff never again okay never will they hurt me noone noone i don't need them idon't need anyone
    the only way to stay safe is to keep the walls up and build them higher why should they care i am a nothing a noone i know this deep down ive always know this.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Violet, I am sorry to hear you are hurting so bad.. I too have major trust issues..The only one who knows my full story is my therapist.. I don't talk to anyone including family..I just hope you don't start isolating.. This is a miserable way to live..I'm trying to make changes but it's not easy.. Are you seeing a therapist?? They can help you reason things out in your mind..I have been this way for 39 years and totally isolated for sixteen years..Please don't let this happen.. You need to set boundries to just how much you will share with others..At least thats what my therapist says..I hope you can work past this..I'm sure you have made friends here on the forum.. Keep talking to them.. Take each day one at a time and don't worry about the future..It will take care of it self..You can always PM me but I am usually on line in the mornings..Take care!!!

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The nature of life that brings adventure and joy also leaves us vulnerable to being hurt and disappointed...I was where you are and it took a lot to allow myself to be open...but now, I would have it no other way...yes, the downs are lower and the pain is greater, but the joy is also greater and it is so comforting to be a part of the world...J

6. total eclipse

I am glad you have gone through the tunnel and have made it to the other side im glad you can trust again because this pain sometimes eats you up alive.

7. elpepo

elpepo Active Member

My safe place is my dreams. I have no memory of my life there and they are BEAUTIFUL, full of fantastic and artistic scenarios.

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Violet, I choose one person and knew that he could hurt me, and that I would live...I was able to add more ppl to the list gradually...and today have a wonderful list of ppl who I trust...we are all only human, and will screw up, say things we did not like that we have said...we are all so imperfect...but the intention is so important...none of my friends would ever intentionally hurt me...J

9. total eclipse

I wish i had good dreams but i usually have night terrors wakeup screaming then don't remember anything thats a good thing i guess. I am okay now pain is going just know it is better to trust me only although i do know there are good people out there and in here on the forum thanks

10. elpepo

elpepo Active Member

That's rare, violet. Sometimes I have bad dreams too, but they're usually pretty cool. I guess it depends on many things...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.