salt, pepper or plain?

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by KittyGirl, Jan 27, 2010.

How do you like your food?

1. plain

5 vote(s)
  2. salt

8 vote(s)
  3. pepper

2 vote(s)
  4. both!

12 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I pepper up most of my food. Salt on potatos and a bit when I'm cooking- for taste. If I *do* use a condiment- it's ketchup; otherwise, I'll eat my food the way it is served to me. XD

My sister is the biggest sauce nazi ever, though! You're not even allowed to use any condiment around her when she's eating, or she makes a big stink out of it. She says that putting additional stuff on the food destroys the intended flavour-- which may be true if you're drowning your food in ketchup of bbq sauce-- but I see adding a bit to eat with as a way to 'enhance' said food's pizzaz! haha

How do you like your food? What do you put on it? Do you have any strange eating rituals? lol- share!
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I like a little bit of salt on my food :) :tongue:
  3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I thought I had lost my taste for salty foods but for the past couple of years I can't go a day without very salty pretzels :blink:. I've also recently gotten addicted to those enough-sodium-to-kill-a-shark Asian style Ramen noodle cups.

Maybe I'm pregnant? :eek:
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I go both ways. Salt AND Pepper!
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Salt. But I guess it depends on the food. I like to season food really well when I'm cooking though.
  6. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Mainly plain. Once in awhile I use salt. Never pepper.
  7. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Pepper! boo love pepper! but not the strong one. I love it so much i put tons of it in my Big macs, fries, pizza, macaroni & cheese anything!
    Other than that i like to mix ketchup and mustard to dip fries and corndogs. Peanut butter melting on a hot dog. Curry in my popcorn...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I didn't use to use salt, but then I switched to saltless salt (potassium chloride) because I need to consume less sodium... My diet is short on potassium otherwise so I add potassium chloride to anything it could go on so I basically salt everything now.
  10. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I rarely use either.
  11. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

12. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i went with plain, only because i use teensy amounts of salt/pepper, if any at all. i prefer using other herbs and spices.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I rarely use salt, and I hate pepper. I think the food I'm eating tastes good enough as it is, unless it's chips or popcorn.
  14. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

Really depends on the initial taste of the food.. I always give the cook the benefit of the doubt and taste the food before adding salt and/or pepper..
    I have to have ketchup on my macaroni and grilled sandwiches (hardly eat either though)
    peanut butter on hamburgers is surprisingly tasty (smooth not crunchy).
    I use to love heavy sauce on things, not so much anymore as I have become more and more sensitive to foods as I get older, and I just cant tolerate the icky feeling some sauces leave me with (it might be the actual food to though)...
    Now I mostly eat just vegtables.. carrots & mushrooms are my snack of choice.
  15. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I love salt, a little too much actually ("unhealthy" blahabla) but it helps me keeping my blood pressure up, so I don't need as much effortil.

Edit: and, of course, the taste. Salt=yum, even plain salt is yum :laugh:
  16. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I like both on my food, but seems I gravitate to the salt more often. Maybe out of habit :dunno:
  17. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

SALT!! I love salt...salt is on every food I eat...
  18. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

salt and pepper are a great combination
  19. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

mostly salt and a bit pepper
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.