Salvia Anyone?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by freddie, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddie

freddie Well-Known Member

I know it's banned in some places, but here in the UK it's legal.
    Anyone else used this?

If you don't know what Salvia is, it's a "legal high" as such, and probably the only one I've ever used which actually does what it says (and more) on the packet.
    You smoke one hit of it in a pipe or water pipe and after holding it in, 10 seconds later, you're in the most insane dream world you've ever seen for about 5 minutes.

I don't want to try and sound like I'm promoting this becuase, before the dream world takes over you can't help but laugh hysterically, for me, it's been a whole barrel of fun every time I've tried it.

I know some people have had some dodgy experiences on it.
    Was just wondering if anyone has anything they'd like to share :)

I know it's pretty hard to remember your trips on this stuff but I can always remember glimpes of mine, ranging from giant roulette boards, gravity shifts, jelly babies, long staircases and black holes. I could explain some in great depth but go ahead and tell you're story if you've ever used Salvia.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is a very dangerous hallucinogen that is why it became banned in some countries it is still legal here but people have died on it just to let people know
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I haven't really seen any info or done any research on to suggest if it's dangerous or not, so I can't comment on that.

I do know however that no one has ever died from using it. You cannot overdose and it doesn't cause organ failure.

However, since it is psychoactive there definitely is the potential that if you do it alone you might hurt yourself while in the dissociative state it produces, like falling and smacking your head on a piece of furniture on the way down.

Also, there is definitely the potential to have BAD trips, especially in depressed people. A kid I knew that tried it said he had the worst experience of his life, another enjoyed it.

I don't think it's something I would try.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

while in a hallunciate state people have caused themselves harm and have died on it
  5. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

It's legal in the US too. I've looked for it, but no place really sells it and I don't really want to order online :\
  6. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

A friend of mine used it after finding his son and friends using it. Thought it was cannabis but saw the bag and listened to the claims that it was legal and safe. He tried it later on and was shocked it was legal! This is someone who uses drugs, albeit in a responsible manner. He was shocked at how powerful it was but thankfully its not addictive. Mainly due to the odds of a bad reaction at some time.

Your flipping a coin in many ways and even if it comes up heads all it proves is that the mind can play tricks via chemical imbalances or overloads.

At worse, a psychosis might set in which is why its maybe not a good idea to use it for most people here.
  7. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

salvia :wub:

it's an amazing herb. shouldn't be abused though, it's one of those hallucinogens that should be used on special occasions. and you can basically grow it yourself.

as for the dangers, i really dunno if i should comment, cause people saying that clearly don't know about dangers of other drugs, such as alcohol. ^^
  8. KGames

KGames Member

Salvia only isn't safe when you're not comfortable with the thought of stuffing your mind into a cannon and blasting it into space.

Which I guess describes the vast majority of human beings.
  9. freddie

Haha! That describes it perfectly!
    To be honest, I don't do it on my own, but for me, it's such an awesome escape.
    It's not a regular thing I simply asked the question on people's experience to spark conversation.
    But for me, I havenever had a bad experience, and every time I am taken away for five minutes to five minutes of pure laughter and extreme visuals.
    It's not addictive and I do it socially from time to time.
    I can understand the whole "soul searching" aspect some people use it for.
    I'm sure it can trigger bad things in some people, I'm not the most mentally stable myself but Salvia has no negative effects for me so I wondered if anyone else was in my position :)
    Anyway, rambling.
    It's sold in quite a lot of places here in the UK!
    Not many people have tried it though wierdly.
    I think alcohol and weed have a much more negative reaction on me!
  10. Lilly

Lilly Well-Known Member

Salvia is legal in Canada too! you can buy it at the flippin convenient store for goodness sake!! D:
    but thank god...i luvs it so much <3 <3 <3
  11. freddie

remember much about your experiences??
  12. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Is this the same as K2 in US?
  13. freddie

from breifly having a look online,
    K2 sounds more like a weed replica
    salvia is more like a 5minute hit of acid, but even more wild
    followed by a mellow half hour or so
    dunno if thats the same??
  14. doityourself

Your right about K2.

Never heard of such a thing here, and you can buy it over the counter?

Thats craziness, I hope that its atleast monitored. I would be scared to think that kids can get it if its like the acid I took as a kid.
  15. freddie

I'm sure your can get it in American
    there's loads of vids on youtube of kids smoking the stuff from the U.S
    To be fair though, it may be a hallucinogen and stuff, but alcohol and cigarettes have just as bad effects as most illegal substances and other drugs.
    Hence why I don't hold a negative opinion against most drugs.
  16. doityourself

Me either, to each thier own I say. Its just when you drag people along for the ride that I have a problem with.
  17. freddie

This is true.
    Peer pressure is never good, makes you a crook :) Ha.
  18. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

K2 is sold as a synthetic cannabis - the bag its sold in costs WAY more than the actual herbs you have in there.

The herbs themselves do nothing. K2 is just one brand name out there which is basically any old herbs maybe thrown into a bathtub for all we know then the synthetic cannabis chemical is added. It comes in liquid form from China - they synthesise various chemicals that replicate the chemical structure of the active ingredient THC which is found in natural cannabis. This artificial THC can differ from brand to brand - especially as the banning of one synthesis merely sees another one made that very day in a Chinese lab.

There are thousands of possible synthesises of the THC.

In some nations it might be legal to import a synthesis of some artificial THC in a liquid form. This way you can use the actual chemical that is in the K2 or maybe spray it on your own choice of herbs.

Bear in mind you are using a research chemical not tested on humans. There have been no safety checks and its possible the artificial chemicals could be dangerous for us.

By using K2 or any other smoking brand, you not only take the risk over the artificial THC you also risk getting ailments from the herbs used in the smoke which look like they might have been picked in some dirty field, dried and then mixed with the active ingredient.

Amazing thing is, this stuff costs almost the same as cannabis!

I've only heard bad things about it. The only good thing is that it is legal in some nations.

But so is parsley.
  19. twistedwhispers

twistedwhispers Member & Antiquities Friend

I have never heard of Salvia before. It's legal? In the US?

This is legal but pot isn't? That makes a lot of sense..........not........
  20. Well-Known Member

Never tried it. I'll stick with real bud.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.