Salvia

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Syd, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syd

Syd Guest

SF members, please post your experiences with Salvia Divinorum here if applicable.

I don't need any scientific data on the plant, I've done research already, and have good resources available for further information.

I'm only interested in your personal trip reports, or observations of friends on the drug. Thank you.

2. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

Salvia really did a number on me mentally, if you are going to do it have a sober sitter around because that stuff can really do a number on you.
    I almost jumped out of a moving vehicle and off of a balcony because i thought my friends were going to turn me over to some fbi or something plus i felt like i lost all control of my body and the come down gave me an awful headache.

all in all i wouldnt recommend it.

3. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

I love salvia. I have gone on mental journeys and and recieved revelations with the Ska Pastora.
    One meorable time was when i was at a park at 2:00 in hte morning. I had a bowl of 21x, a bong, and a butane lighter (only way to go to get the full experience). I took one hit held it in for about 30 secs and then i was gone off the face of the earth. I envisioned that i had become a plant and that i was one with mother nature. At the same time a strange entity began to reasure me that all was well and that i had achieved nirvana. I stayed in this blissful stae of quite acceptance of the world turning around me for what felt like years (in reality 3 minutes). That trip has left me with a deep reverence for the ancient power held within Salvia Divinorum. It is not to be taken lightly.
    Also, if you like Salvia and are looking for another legal psychedelic then may i suggest ayahuasca. It is a south american mixture of different roots, the main psychoactive ingredient being DMT. You can order the ingredients totally legally over the internet from some specialized sites. But beware, a full bown ayahuasca trip WILL be the most mind blowing experience you will ever experience from any drug period. and i can say this with certainty even after experiencing high doses of mushrooms, Acid, and Mescaline. good stuff though.

4. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Hiya.

I haven't actually tried it yet, though I'm intrigued to.

There's a site that I order from called everyonedoesit.co.uk (EDIT). They have a forum and there are loads of accounts of Saliva trips, as well as every other trip! :tongue:. Just do a search :smile: Hope it's helpful to you.

~Nobody~

5. Jackson

Jackson Guest

It gave me a mellow sort of high that made me feel more 'tuned in' to everything, like a window had been opened in my mind and I could experience my senses more acutely.

6. whynot

whynot Active Member

I didn't know anyone took this drug seriously. You might as well smoke bamboo shoots and hold your breath.

Really though the times I smoked it I felt like I was transforming into sort of a vine and my skin became itchy (clothing felt intolerable against my skin) wasn't a pleasant experience or anything though.

7. ~Nobody~

You have to take every drug seriously. I've heard of people having incredibly intense bad trips on saliva. You have to do your research and then go at the right pace for you. That's true of any psychoactive substance.

8. freakin out

freakin out Guest

I've done it several times, I once drank 3ml of it, smoked it, anything and guess what? No effect. I don't know, I think I'm just kinda immune to some weaker drugs. I watched my friend on it, she said colours were like she'd never seen them and she was very talkative and open.

9. ~Nobody~

Which strength did you take though?

It's not about being immune to "weaker" drugs, everything affects every individual differently. You shouldn't go round using terms like "weaker" because that suggest that you should start off with a high dose.

10. freakin out

freakin out Guest

My bad, sorry. I took double strength without effect. It seems 'weaker' to me compared to other stuff I've taken is all. But you're right, my bad. It's not exactly weak, guess it's the person and tolerance as well.

11. music_addict

I take this substance very seriously. It has been used for centuries by ancient civilizations for religious and spiritual ceremonies. Only very recently has it become a recreational drug. I honestly believe that salvia can be used to achieve a higher consciousness and transcend what our small minds normally perceive as "reality". It is a very powerful and sacred ethnogen, and deserves your utmost respect and reverence. and btw, to take salvia the proper ancient way you must procure a number of fresh salvia divinorum leaves, roll them into a quid (or a ball), and suck on it like chewing tobaccoo. This is the way that the ancient mazatecs used it and the way that it is meant to be used. It is a much more revealing and powerful experience, which lasta from a half hour to an hour (much longer duration than smoking it). although admitidly getting your hands on fresh leaves is quite a task, ive only gotten to do it once that way.

12. ~Nobody~

Its_all_too_much, have a look at this.

13. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

If you havent taken salvia before and are thinking of trying it, please dont think its a harmless and soft drug just because its legal. Salvia is a fucking insane mindfuck and can leave your mind very weak and vulnerable for quite a few days after.When i took it i thought i was just going to see some wierd colours in the sky and it would go away but this was not the case.

i was in a tree thing that has branches going into the ground so you could sit on them on floor level and we had just bought some at a head shop in town. We were all thinking it was going to be fun and were eager to try it. When my first friend took it he started laughing uncontrollably and talking like he had serious speech impedement. We all found this hilarious and we all took it one by one. When it was my turn i took quite a large hit thinking it was going to be fun.

at first nothing was happening then everything went all unfocused and sounds where echoing like i was in a small empty room. one of my friends noticed that i was feeling it and started laughing (he had a really annoying laugh which cause my trip to be more scary and powerful). his laugh started repeating and i thought i t was like a broken record playing over and over then peoples voices started sounding distant and muffled. When i tried to reply it was like i had run for 30 miles and was trying to talk but i didnt feel tired (like i was out of breath but wasnt really). most of the events happening are too complecated to explain but at the peak of my trip i remember having a vision that i was in a hallway with a nurse saying something like "its this way" or "come here". then it started to calm down and we where trying to leave the foresty place we where hagnig out in and i had wierd tunnel vision and it felt like there was a thousand branches in my way that were impossible to climb over.theni came back to reality.

when we where leaving the area my friend was saying i was holding my hands up in front of me and doing stuff that i cant remember at all and i felt like a complete idiot. this was the weakest kind of salvia and it was the most wierd experience of my life and im not sure if i want to do it again. If you are going to take salvia just make sure you are in a enviroment where you feel comfertable in (in your room, at a friends house etc...) and you are with people you can trust 100%

14. music_addict

That is awesome. thanks for showing me that, i had no idea you could buy live plants. It looks like the plants in my garden are going to have some new neighbors soon. :biggrin:

15. ~Nobody~

You're very welcome. I recommend that particular site too, they're very reliable :smile:.

Great post, by the way, anonymous51. Thanks for the info :)

16. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

yeah i've done this one time but i did it properly. i found out after the fact that salvia contains a chemical that is released naturally by your brain when you die...so its like a death trip in the literal sense.

i was glad i had a bong-catcher, i.e: somebody to catch the bong when it dropped from my hands.
    yes i had the most extreme trip of my life on salvia divinorum.
    i've had mushrooms multiple times but never totally dissociated from this reality. what i mean is, i took a huge rip of some kind of extract (too bad i don't remember what strength) and all of a sudden i was somewhere else. everything got black, grainy black overtook my peripheral vision like i was going down a black tunnel that just got blacker..

but then i was on the side of a hill, like, really there (i had no recollection of who i was or where i came from, i was without a body, on this steep grassy hill that looked like a bowling green in the middle of the night, with broccoli trees along the edges. )

i remember cycling through personalities, trying to find one that was me. was i a black woman? an old man? some kind of rolodex type process took me at rapid speed through the bodies and lives of many many people. it was as if i was outside of my intellect and experience but still existed...a total trip. it was the death of my identity yet i lived on in essence...in soul? something exists in us that gives us spiritual worth beyond our intelligence.

17. HOT~DAWG~MAMA

HOT~DAWG~MAMA Active Member

My husband and myself have done Salvia many times already. We usually buy the 20x and btw you can find this and many other Ethno-Botanicals at places like: http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/

As for my own personal experience, it basically gave me a free lifted feeling, like I was flying or soaring in a way..it's definately way different than cannabis that's for sure. It gave me different feelings and more..really every time was different though to be honest.
    Altho I usually have a high tolerance for any drug, it didnt quite affect me like it did to my husband, whom if I wasn't there with him, would've probably had a huge panic attack because at one point he swore he was in the heavens staring down at everyone on earth and everyone looked like ants! *lol* So it really IS different for every user. Just be careful not to dive into it so quickly when you first start, it's not something to be taken lightly. Little by little (smoking it) is best i would say..but again, it's all up to the person using it.

Anyways, You can also find out personal experiences and much more information about almost any drug, legal or illegal, herbal or not @ this site: http://erowid.org/

enjoy! :)

18. Joey.S

Joey.S Member

super intense more intense then shrooms but only lasted for like 20minutes for me....i almost died when i did it lol i fell into a fire amd my brother caught me when i was an inch away from hitting the coals soooo instense

19. music_addict

actually the chemical you are thinking of is DMT. which is produced in phalaris grass, Syrian Rue etc... but not in Salvia. The psychoactive ingredient in Salvia is salvinorin A.
    although an intense DMT trip and salvia trip do have some similarities.

20. ibetam

ibetam Well-Known Member

Personally I like to finely chop and partially dry some of my home grown salvia leaf ( :tongue: ) Then use a present off an old friend to help me create a feeling of smokey branching thought. Tripping of it doesn't allow me to understand the experience as fully as I might after another year of using it. I think the mazatec shamans may have found a source of great 'enlightenment', but I haven't made my mind up yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.