Samaritans is not helpful.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by unnecessary, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unnecessary

unnecessary Guest

I wrote them a long letter, but they didn't even *understand* what I'm going through. Their reply is plain and cliched. No sweet, emotional word at all. I am disappointed. This only cements my desire to die.

2. What did they say?

I've contacted them before, they were... okayish.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you did not find them helpful at all to you. My experience was similar with them, but I know many people feel they helped a great deal. i have an alternative place I wrote to. If you would like to try them out, PM me and I will give you the information.

4. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

No one can understand the want to die as much as those who want to die.

5. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

You know? I thought they could at least be of some help but then again it didn't really last. I mean, I realize they sometimes don't even read my mail completely. Sometimes there are importants things that I ask and all but they didn't seem to respond on that part. I wrote them a long mail too coz my story is too complicated to summarize or maybe I just don't know how. They keep telling me they are here to support me and stuff but I realize...well, it ain't useful if they don't read my mails properly or maybe so because they have tonnes of them so they tend to read it blindly or something I don't know. They haven't reply me recent mail in two weeks now. If they do, I guess it will probably be the same thing again.... ~_~

6. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I didnt find them helpful either its like they are all reading from a script and say exactly the samr thing

7. unnecessary

unnecessary Guest

Agree that they may have a formula of replying e-mails.

They didn't read my letter carefully (and thus misunderstood me), just as people don't pay attention when you're talking to them. What a waste of time.

8. expressive_child

Yeah. Perhaps they just read it blindly and thus reply it that way. Too bad..

9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I didn't find them helpful either. I wrote a huge thing about what's happened and what's going on and what'd been affecting me and all they said was to go to therapy, when in all actuality if they read what I wrote they'd know I am in therapy and have been for years..

:hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree with the fact that i didn't find them helpful in the least. I will not utilize their services in the future.

11. expressive_child

I am getting pissed off with them. I think I might just quite corresponding with them. Sometimes it only makes me more depressed... :sad:

12. Kozuka

Kozuka Member

aye, wasn't helpful for me. I think I got more depressed from that. :dry:

13. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

Just for the record.. this is what happened with me..

i had first sent an email telling them i was going too kill myself. i got the usualy first reply from them.. then i sent i think at least 2 more and the last one i sent they told me that if it was my choice and decesion that they would accept my choice.. this was all written to then 1 month before my attempt..

well wqhen that didnt help. i then sent an email to my minister ( yes the one that i have given up on that i know they really didnt care at all for me ) well i got no reply , so i sent another one , still got no reply, and finally after sending a few more i get a reply from him ( the minister ) telling me to stop playing games , etc and that i had taken it to the internet , whatever and the heck that meant???? i dont know but anyhow i then sent one final email to him telling him the day i would do it , the time , the place , everything , and you know what? he did nothing..

HE DID NOT EVEN TRY TO STOP ME..

so i did it , but came out of it when i chickened out and phoned a lady from church who then called the police and ... well you know..

so no they do not help at all and never helped with me , in fact i think they helped me really go through with it , and then of course they always sign their name jo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.