Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by icequeen, Apr 18, 2011.

1. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

just spend last half hour or so on phone with samaritans...the lady i spoke to was really cool and she is arranging for someone to call me after doc appoint on weds. it was a relief to actually vocalise to a stranger what is adding to my probs , they dont know me i dont know them, and like here they dont judge you..i just needed to hear a real voice and give in to the voices. whether i disclose to doc on weds or not is another matter..i just wanted it out of my head to deal with current i recommend samaritans to anyone that wants to vent in real life...they are like sf but real.. xx
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Glad you reached out and found them helpful :hug:
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

and if you send a email then you never know you could get a reply from me, even more reason :wink:
  4. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

id be too scared to ever do that.
    you cnat trust anybody with that info. :/
  5. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

everforgotten: you dont trust them with dont have to give your name if you dont want...took me a long time to ring them...first time was about 3am with a blade in my hand...i wouldnt ring crisis line as they are rubbish, they cant track your number. i was in such a state they offered to ring me back so i had to give number...that was a real big thing for me..but they have been brilliant and non judgemental. btween them and SF..i feel that is the only reason i am still breathing confused as i am atm. please give them a call if you want to vent, they wont judge you...its like SF with sound :phone:

Angerfist: i doubt it as i am not on mainland uk...but nm you all do a brilliant job! :D
  6. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

found an article that talked about disposable phone numbers

if you do a search on disposable or temporary phone numbers, there are a number of places that will sell you a phone number that you "attach" to your actual one

people can call you on it and you can place calls through it and (apparently) that will be the number that shows up on caller id

they offer it from the angle of you're auctioning or selling something and you can use it as a contact number to do business and still preserve your privacy by not giving out your personal number but i don't see why you couldn't set one up to call a crisis line or something

they have a short life unless you pay for longer

would that help at all?
  7. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Theres no need, the samaritans doesnt have caller ID specifically for anonymity. No one ever asks for your name either. They are their to listen to you, thats it. If speaking to someone is too much then theres the email. Its:

ou dont even need to give your actual email address you can make a brand new one for the specific reason just for them to send you a email back.
  8. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

I often see anger in your posts Wayne, i had no idea you worked for the samaritians though.
    Damn, im now 42 and im still capable at times of judging books by their covers.
    Another lesson learnt.
    For what its worth, i think you are great for that.
  9. sorry to say this and i hope it doesn't offend anybody..

The samaritans in some countries *do* have caller-ids to track your phone number and of course, they say they don't record your numbers.. I have friends who called Samaritans of Singapore before and they also say they don't have caller-Ids and not able to track your phone number but i also have inside info that they are using high tech phones (CISCO SYSTEM phone - the phones which can record your number, trace you and able to send you sms and also able to ignore your calls).. :mad:
    What i meant is: not everything the samaritans tell you are true.. Of course, they are there to give emotional support but somethings like recording phone numbers and tracing your whereabouts cannot be believed..

**glad that talking to a samaritan helped thread starter to feel better** :hug:
  10. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

i cant talk to them on the phone, for fear of my parents overhearing, and when i e-mail them its like im talking to a machine.
  11. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

i have used samaritans and they are very good, non judgemental and always great listeners even just to get something off your chest sometimes helps.