same place...same thoughts

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by gromit, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gromit

gromit New Member

After a couple of years of relative happiness, my past ruins my present and I am back in my dark place again..

This time it will be different as many attempts before have taught me to prepare correctly..

I have promised to be around for events planned by friends over the next few weeks...regretfully...

Willing to chat but mind is firmly made up...

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi gromit - pleased you've discovered Sf..... Your mind is firmly made up, ,.... so wondering if you're giving it one last chance to be persuaded otherwise, by coming here? What we have to offer is a company of people who've had bad stuff happen, done bad stuff, made bad decisions and can see no way out of our pasts - and yet we're here to support and learn from each other, and little by little our perspectives start to change and we find hope reoccuring. That is, if/when we allow it to honey :)

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What's happened to cause you to make up your mind? Glad you're at least willing to chat.

4. gromit

gromit New Member

Thanks for the reply urprecious...I would only stay around under one condition..as that is not going to happen
    I am hear to pen my last thoughts and maybe help some others who feel they have no way out..for me it is to late though..

5. gromit

gromit New Member

Hi wildcherry

It would take me to long to explain fully..in short the actions of someone close to me 20 years ago shapped my future..I could have and should have stopped it but I didn't...this has ruined every relationship I have ever had..to the point I pushed my soulmate away 3 months ago and she will never have me back..

I am a survivor of 8 attempts over 20 years, but know this time I will do it right...

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just offering to listen if you ever feel like talking about what's gone on, you can drop me a PM anytime.

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Honey, life is such that we are the victim's of other peoples' choices, and that about life certainly sucks big time. The fact that it recurred was no doubt to them taking advantage of someone much younger than themselves who did not know how to stop it. You were too overwhelmed ..... (sorry, this is how I imagine it was, of course, I could be wrong).

If you valued this person, their treatment of you would have mucked up your own self-concept and identity, and now you're older you can tell that this said nothing about you, it was about them and their naughtiness towards you. You were innocent, and therefore, it is possible to heal your emotions by starting to tell yourself this truth. That you were an innocent victim who just did not have the life experience to do what you now can see might have been different.

You do deserve to give yourself another chance with a clean slate, honey. Writing down all your feelings is very therapeutic and can help with a new perspective. We all here do hope you will try, and use Sf for support, hun :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.