Same shit, different day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domo

This was originally a reply to Wayne's thread, which has now been closed, but fuck it, i am going to say what i want here anyway.

If you spent as much time trying to get better as you do bitching about the same things over and over and over again, you might get somewhere.

This forum is the biggest piece of shit i've ever had the displeasure of being a part of.

You all come here to try and compete about how shit you've got it but rarely does anyone actually reply to someone's help and say 'yeah you know what, maybe i will try that'.

Don't get me wrong, i've been to that point where you are crippled by mental illness. But nothing ever changes here, it's the same people, complaining about the same things over and again.

You throw around your i love yous like they will cure everything, i swear some of you don't even know the meaning of those words. To throw them around as you do so carelessly is insulting.

No one is going to save you. So save yourselves. Nothing is going to change if you don't change it. Yes, these are cliches but they fucking mean something for a reason.

Grow the fuck up, the lot of you.

nolonger

ITS ALL BECAUSE I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TOMORROW! URGHHHHH!

Joke intended lol...

But yea there does seem to be a bit of anger floating around today. Guess everyone is just a bit sick of everything. I know I am atleast. Just so bored. I'm basicly just waiting to go back to school. Something which I hate having to go to lol. Maybe tomorrow will bring a new feeling?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I know it is hard Domo when you see things not getting better around you
i know some people get stuck in the same space some not sure how to escape it i guess. I think alot of us tell ourselves those words grow the fffff up i know i do I am angry at me so many times for not healing the fact is that is what depression does it stagnates one desire to change it puts you in such a dark place you know you been there. With out professional help they will not get well i believe anyways depression is treatable as is most mental illnesses but it is getting the help the is hard sometimes.
i understand you angry you want to see themtry to see them change but it is not our chose but theres and hopefully with help the can and will
sometimes anger is a good thing so saying grow the fff up to oneself can help but often times these are harsh words said by the people that just don't understand. take care my friend i am glad you vented and got the anger out i hope it help you feel better.

Domo

My comment about people needing to grow up was related to the rediculous drama that goes on around here. It's like being in bloody high school again sometimes. That part wasn't meant to be in relation to people needing to get help. I know that is not easy.

But the common theme here is "therapy and meds haven't helped, i've tried everything" For some reason people think they are the first to be incurable. I hate to break to you all but we are pretty much all the same, different circumstances, same symptoms.

I'm just sick of all the attention seeking posts getting more attention then anything else and the dismissive attitude that people who try to help get thrown back at them. I posted a thread a little while ago about how i was feeling a little bit better to try and give some people some hope, i got about 4 replies i think.

This place isn't about support, it's just a group of people coming to soak in their own misery and any attempt otherwise is met with hostility. Like certain members who are religious, it disgusts me the way they are treated, i am not religious either but the intolerance shown is disgusting.

I can't say i particularly care if i am offending anyone right now because i am sick of the sugar coated bullshit and the hug smilies thrown around. Have they done any good? NO. Sure people might feel special or whatever for the day, but the next they are right back psoting the same ol' story. I wish i had someone to make me think about what direction i was taking and maybe i wouldn't have wasted so much of my life. And i am far, far far from perfect...but you know what? I am doing something about it, i don't make excuses.

Yes it is fucking painful to go to therapy and talk about everything that's eating me alive, yes it's bloody hard to get out of bed, yes meds suck...but sitting here and wishing for death isn't going to get me very far.

Perhaps my mentality has outgrown this place or by being somewhat stable, i am not welcome, i don't know. I really don't.

nolonger

We always do the best we can I guess. Some of us "don't get help" because it would probly fuck up our situation even more. Some people have bad experiences with religion and all so sometimes they can get hostile. People at times can't always reply to threads because they just don't know what to do, or they are in the same situation themselves. And at times, feeling special for a day can really make a difference :).

I hope you feel better soon :(

Domo

I agree actually but i know my reasoning would differ from yours. I can see from your posting history how my comments would offend you.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
I usually answer threads but when I have started a post about my struggles and received even just an affectionate emoticon it helped me tremendously. Another member here who also knows the unbearable hell of depression giving their sincere support helps as much as any medication, therapy or pulling oneself up by their bootstraps.

Even if a member posts for attention I don't see why that is to be frowned upon. Members are here because they are suicidal and feeling noticed and cared about by someone may prevent an attempt.

R

Robin

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
Now that's a WOW :)

I usually answer threads but when I have started a post about my struggles and received even just an affectionate emoticon it helped me tremendously. Another member here who also knows the unbearable hell of depression giving their sincere support helps as much as any medication, therapy or pulling oneself up by their bootstraps.

Even if a member posts for attention I don't see why that is to be frowned upon. Members are here because they are suicidal and feeling noticed and cared about by someone may prevent an attempt.
I couldn't agree more :) If folks want words of wisdom they should send letters to the Dalai Lama, but I think even he would struggle to answer every letter or even just every thread here :)

Domo

Yeah and that's fine. If a hug emoticon, is going to help you stay alive for one more day, then great. I am all for holding on for dear life to anything that keeps you here. But then the next hour, the next day, you are back there again. Any constructive advice is dismissed. Any suggestions for long term help if thrown back in your face with excuses. My point is, nothing ever changes, there is no growth.

I think there has only been about one occasion where someone has actually taken my advice on board.

That is the thing about depression though it takes a lot o fighting yourself to even seek help, I just how some if your comments don't put people of posting how they feel or reaching out.

Domo

So fucking have the thread deleted ...and you you can all live in your stagnant, sugar coated little world of smilies and love and all the excuses under the sun about how you are the different one and the rules don't apply to you.

R

Robin

Yeah and that's fine. If a hug emoticon, is going to help you stay alive for one more day, then great. I am all for holding on for dear life to anything that keeps you here. But then the next hour, the next day, you are back there again. Any constructive advice is dismissed. Any suggestions for long term help if thrown back in your face with excuses. My point is, nothing ever changes, there is no growth.

I think there has only been about one occasion where someone has actually taken my advice on board.
You forget the nature of the site, which is crisis, grow the fuck up might be good advice for some but most in a crisis will see it as an affirmation of how useless and pathetic they are, may as well put "be an hero" in your sig.

Crisis folks don't see the lifetime of experience in any expression you use, they see what they need to see, a reason to suffer more. I don't really know why that is it's just something I've seen over and over and if you see a constant influx of folks finding us and saying the same thing then maybe that's an indicator that those suffering from an illness are displaying a symptom rather than a level of maturity?

How is a symptom going to grow the fuck up? I have come across some pretty sick folks on the net, the vast majority of which have not come from this site.

Domo

As i have already explained, the grow the fuck up comment was in reference to the drama llamas here. Not in relation to people reaching out for help.

These are also generalised staements, i am not talking about first time posters, at crisis point. I am talking about the same people, posting the same things time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00