Sara Palin needs to go away.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by nos nomed, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nos nomed

nos nomed Well-Known Member

Seriously I am so sick of hearing about her and her fanboy supporters. You have to have the intelligence of a cucumber to buy anything she says. Now she is attacking Family Guy for making a poke at her and her kid with downs. Well maybe if she didn't use them all over the news to push her own selfish agendas they wouldn't be targeted. It's apparently ok for Rush Limbaugh to say retards because its satire but if Rahm Emanuel or Family Guy say it it is a huge offense and they are being insensitive.

I would have voted for McCain but there was no way I was supporting her so I didn't vote. I mean she lies worse than Obama, is more devious and undermining than Bush, and has less sense than John Kerry. Yet we are constantly bombarded with her.

As far as political correctness people need to get over being so sensitive then the words won't be hurtful the actual term for downs is retardation.

Does anyone else share this view or am I being judgemental?

edit because I realized I misspelled her name in the title it's Sarah maybe she will rant about me and I'll get my 15 minutes of fame.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The term retardation is not used anymore hasn't been used for a long time it is now called mentally challenged or handicapped People are sensitive because words hurt

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I thought that dumb bitch retired forever?

4. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I liked how palin said it was wrong for rahm emmanuele to use the term retard, but then rush limbaugh used it like ten times and she defended him. what a joke. I mean orielly was the one who called her on it for goodness sake. What a pack of evildoers

On Tuesday night he confronted Sarah Palin with the harsh reality that she was trying to have it both ways with the use of the word "retard." Palin had slammed Rahm Emanuel,White House Chief of Staff, for using it but had said that when Rush Limbaugh used it he was using "satire."

Give me a break. The use of the word was just as offensive by Limbaugh as it was by Emanuel and Palin should have just said so. Instead she tried to have it both ways and got caught by O'Reilly.

Here is what Limbaugh actually said: "Our political correct society is acting like some giant insults taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards" ... "I think their big news is he (Emanuel) is out there calling Obama's number one supporters f'ing retards. So now there's going to be a meeting. There's going to be a retard summit at the White House."

That is every bit as insulting regardless of whether it is satire or not. Kudos to O'Reilly for calling a spade a spade. You get the sense sometimes that hardliners on left and right refuse to ask the tough questions of their own kind.

((((((((((((((

Sorry but, orielly didnt call a spade a spade. In typical fox fashion, he mentioned it and then let her off the hook, and praised her.

And then there is Glenn Beck’s use of the word retard:

“Last January, during an interview with Mary Lynn Rajskub, a star of Fox Broadcasting Co. ‘24, Beck laughed at the idea of artwork produced by children with Down syndrome, asking, “What do the paintings of the retarded children go for?” Then there was the time right after the 2008 election when he went after Newsweek over a story on Palin that he found objectionable. Purporting to offer the magazine’s view of the former governor, he played the role of an unnamed Newsweek staffer saying, “When it’s really, truly about Sarah Palin and how stupid, she’s practically retarded. Yes. I think that’s appropriate word to use for Sarah Palin, retarded. I think that’s an… if you would like a retarded person running the State of Alaska, just higgeldy-piggeldy.”‘

So palin says its OK for rush and beck to use the r word, but not family guy and rahm?

lol

She is soooooooooooooooooooo freakin idiotic.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

To me, much as I like Family Guy, I think there are some lines that you just shouldn't cross (not to say that people still do - as shown by here). While Sarah Palin may have, according to the media and so forth (I've no idea about that, nor to the extend that she has) used her son's Down's Syndrome to get her own way or whatnot, I think Family Guy's crossed a line here. It just isn't nice to have a cartoon, or any programme, no matter how popular it is, mocking those with illnesses that they can do nothing about, IMO.

6. nos nomed

nos nomed Well-Known Member

I don't think that it is the most distasteful joke family guy has made. If it was anyone but Sarah Palin everyone would have patted them on the back and said it's a comedy walk it off, but she gets so much media attention everytime she cries because something seems wrong to her. How many other times have people been made of in shows like this and nothing came of it. I don't remember an uproar about south park when they had cripplefights.

I liked Glenn Beck before he got a tv show and became such a blowhard. Now all he does is rant about everything he doesn't like.

7. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

as long as everybody keeps talking about her, she is not going away.

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

There must be something good about her. So many people apparently like her
    *... I dont really know who she is :blink:

9. Bob26003

'Family Guy' actress with Down syndrome fires back (at Palin) Updated at 1:20 PM

Source: Star Tribune

According to an e-mail, Andrea Fay Friedman, who voiced a character with Down syndrome on last Sunday's episode of "The Family Guy" who ticked off Sarah Palin, thinks "laughing is good."

Friedman, a familiar TV face due to guest roles on such popular shows as "Law and Order: SVU," plays a young woman who goes out on a date with "Family Guy" character Chris. At one point she says, "My dad's an accountant, and my mom's the former governor of Alaska."

Friedman sent an email to the New York Times and other media outlets after Palin called the episode "a kick in the gut" on her Facebook page and her daughter Bristol called the show's writers "heartless jerks." But the Times only printed an innocuous excerpt of that email. Here it is in full:

"My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the 'Extra Large Medium' episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's Day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in 'Smudge' but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On." I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm."

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes."

Okay, I guess it's on.

10. Bob26003

Let us not forget about troopergate

Sarah Palin, who in late August became the Republican vice presidential nominee in the 2008 United States presidential election, said that she reassigned commissioner Walt Monegan because of performance-related issues. Monegan said that his forced resignation may have been tied to his reluctance to fire Mike Wooten, an Alaska State Trooper who is also Palin's ex-brother-in-law. Monegan said that the Governor herself, her husband, and members of her staff as well as the state's Attorney General, had contacted him numerous times regarding Wooten. At the time Palin dismissed Monegan, Wooten was involved in a custody battle with his former wife, Molly McCann, Palin's sister.[6]

Palin denied that there had been any pressure on Monegan to fire Wooten, either from herself or from anyone in her administration.[7] In mid-August, Palin acknowledged that "pressure could have been perceived to exist, although I have only now become aware of it."[8] She also apologized to Alaskans for what she called "this distraction."[9][10]

Before Palin became governor, she and other members of her family had made various allegations of misconduct against Wooten. An internal investigation upheld some charges and rejected others. On March 1, 2006 the chief of the Alaska state police issued a letter of reprimand to Wooten, and he served a five-day suspension as penalty. After Palin became governor in December 2006, she, her husband Todd Palin, and various aides had further contacts with Monegan about Wooten. Monegan told both Sarah Palin and Todd Palin that the disciplinary proceeding against Wooten was concluded and could not be reopened.

Palin was investigated by an independent investigator, hired by a unanimous vote of a bipartisan committee of the Alaska Legislature,[11] "to investigate the circumstances … surrounding [Monegan's termination], and potential abuses of power and/or improper actions by members of the executive branch."[12][13][14] Palin denied any wrongdoing. Democratic state Senator Hollis French, who is overseeing the investigation, stated the report will "likely be damaging" to the Palin administration, and may be an October surprise.[15] In response to those remarks by French, Republican state Senator John Coghill pushed an unsuccessful effort to have French removed from managing the investigation.[15][16]

Todd Palin did not honor a September 2008 subpoena to appear in court to testify about his role in Troopergate.[17] There were also two other key witnesses who failed to appear, and all three were originally referred to the full Alaska Senate for contempt. These contempt charges would not be addressed until the state Legislature met in January 2009, where the Legislature has several options including physically bringing the witnesses in, imposing jail time, or levying fines. With the refusals to testify, Senator Hollis French, the democrat chosen to oversee the charges, had to move forward with the investigation. Palin's attorney general announced on October 5, 2008 that seven state employees will now honor subpoenas to testify in the legislative investigation of the Troopergate affair.[18]

On October 10, 2008, the Alaska Legislative Council unanimously voted to release the Branchflower investigative report[2] which found that Sarah Palin "abused her power as governor [in] attempting to get Trooper Wooten fired."[

11. Bob26003

Oh and let us not forget the Katie Couric interview which pretty much outed her as a certified box of rocks.

Here is a snippet

Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

Couric: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

12. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Someone so devoid of even basic intelligence doesn't deserve the positive reputation she somehow garners. She couldn't name a founding father, doesn't know what the Federal Reserve does, and has no idea why there are two Koreas.

I don't think it's too elitist (as her supporters would claim of me) to expect a public official, especially one with aspirations for higher office, to have some sort of knowledge of foreign policy, how government works, or even of her own beloved country's history. The fact she recieve so much praise and adoration is an embarrassment to this country as a society.

As for the Family Guy debacle, whether it's wrong on their part or not, it's the last thing she should be focusing on. If she's trying to sell herself as being above partisan pettiness, why reduce yourself to even more pedantry? It's called freedom of speech, Mrs. Palin, one of the American values you and your charlatan backers keep brandishing as a tool.

13. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

youre not being too judgemental but <mod edit: *sparkle* insulting> judgning the matter. first off, more lies than obama? really? wheres the open C-span network he promised? why is it his entire cabnet is tax frauds? theyres too many to list so heres his top 50 http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp.. mccain is weak, he spent what two years serving his country and the last 50 years screwing it. idky everyone cant see what a snake in the grass the guy is. first hes not for a border fence then he is? this sounds familar.. WAIT A SECOND!! could this be the same flip flop used to get elected tone that kerry used? i think it is :cool: kerry is a joke, the guy is no war hero, thats why he threatened the swift boat veterans when they came out with that book. let me nail some common sense into since it seems to be lacking. if he threatens to sue them and doesnt after the book comes out what does that mean? cmon you can do it, think really hard.. <mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting>? because its all true and theyres no grounds for a suit. he got his purple hearts for scratches, his dad was a politician its the only reason he was awarded them. you can hammer sarah palin all you want, but at least <mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting> she has some sort of basis of common sense. and yes political correctness is BS. <mod edit: *sparkle* : insulting>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
  14. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

alright bob pay attention cause im only going to say this once, fortounantly though it will be here for you to enjoy for all of time to come :) if i was in her shoes, trying to defend john mccain.. good luck youre fighting a losing battle. thats all that needs to be said.

15. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

What's with all the thread necromancy?

16. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Personally, that episode wasn't really one of my favourites... XD
    Although they did have a character who happened to have down syndrome, she wasn't shown in any negative manner (through most of the episode...until she turned into a crazy violent ex-girlfriend)AND the voice actress who played the part *actually* had downs-- she wasn't mocking or making fun of people who are born that way.
    Both my cousins who have downs syndrome like family guy and liked the episode.

From an acting perspective; it wasn't unlike the rest of the family guy episodes.

yeah...I'm Canadian, so I don't really get the whole Sarah Palin thing-- just that when she talks, she sounds like a moron.
    Love her accent though, very redneck!

17. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Anyone tell me the name of the episode in question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.