sat here with a blade

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by clare, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clare

clare Active Member

im sat here with a blade tryin deperately not to hurt myself.iv been drinkin this is wats caused me to get the blade out. i want to cut but i know i shouldnt

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Try and distract yourself; read a book or a magazine, watch tv, listen to some music or just lie down in bed and breathe deeply and relax. Anything, just try not to hurt yourself, you don't deserve to be hurt. :hug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi clare, throw away the blades hon and concentrate on something else.

Come into chat even :hug:

4. clare

clare Active Member

sometimes i think i do. i just wanna feel im not sure of another way

5. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I know the feeling, very much so :hug: Maybe go outside for a bit, and feel the cold on your skin? Or even open the window if you can't go outside.

6. clare

clare Active Member

i am cold, both inside and out thats the problem

7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

What makes you think you're a cold person?

8. clare

clare Active Member

cos i dont feel very much. wish i could

9. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I'm the same right now..I feel very numb, can't cry even though I want to. But I think cutting only works temporarily..and then you're right back where you started except you've a got a horrible sore cut on your arm.

10. clare

clare Active Member

i waish i could cry i think that would givge me the same release but i fcant. i know cutting is only temp and i know if i did it my other half would be so disappointed yet im still sat here holding it

11. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I think you should do what sweetheart said and throw away the blade :hug: or even just put it on the other side of the room. Then maybe you could try and sleep for a while? Or if you have a pet you could stroke it, to calm you down. Just be kind to yourself.

12. clare

clare Active Member

the thing is wen i throw them away i always get more. i hate havin them in my house but i cant seem to let them go.

13. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Feeling numb doesn't mean you're a cold person, it's not unusual to feel numb and I think a lot of people can relate to it, myself included. :hug: Could you talk to your other half now? If he's asleep perhaps wake him up? I'm sure he'd rather you wake him up than to hurt yourself. Take care.

14. clare

clare Active Member

hes out with friends, dont want to bother him really. altho he knows iv been drinkin and knows the typical outcomex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.