1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat in A and E with my lad

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Lilyfrog, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilyfrog

Lilyfrog Well-Known Member

I sat at the moment in accident and emergency at the moment as my 13 year old lad came home from Boys Brigade tonight and said he felt sick. He went straight to bed and an hr later came down shaking and said he was cold. He had temp but his lips arms hands were all blue. He is on a drip at moment and waiting for blood results to see why. If I'm not on a few days this is why. Not sure what is what as yet

2. drinty

drinty I'd rather be a Cat.

Oh my! Glad he's getting help. My thoughts are with you.

Lilyfrog and crumbum like this.
  3. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

So sorry to hear that Lily. He's in the best of hands and he's got his fantastic mum with him. I wish him well and will keep my fingers crossed he's out soon. Here if you need anything. x

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope your son is feeling stronger soon and know the doctors and nurses will take good care of him.

5. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

@Lilyfrog you are both in my thoughts. I hope your lad feels better very soon.

6. crumbum

crumbum Well-Known Member

((((lilyfrog)))) You're both in my prayers.. be strong.. I'm sure he will be okay. Let me know if you need to talk. ((((Lilyfrog))))

7. Lulabelle

Lulabelle Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hope he's feeling better very soon.
    Massive ((((hugs))))

8. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

Hope your guy is feeling better quickly. Best wishes, you guys. Let us know what's up soon, ok? :)

Lilyfrog likes this.
  9. Lilyfrog

Thank you all. You are all amazing xx
    He had a kidney infection and total dehydration. His veins had collapsed and they put him on a drip but missed his veins. So all the fluid has leaked into his muscle and arm and caused more pain.
    He is now home and resting. Lots of hugs for him. His laboured breathing and blueness has gone now so lots of rest and he will be good.
    Thank you all xx

10. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

Oh my god! That's awful.

I'm so glad to hear he's on the mend. I was anxiously waiting to get news. Thanks for letting us know. I hope you're ok; it must be draining and you must be beside yourself. Here to talk if needed.

Nothing but best wishes and hugs to you and your boy. X

11. Lilyfrog

Thank you x
    Not easy sleeping on a children's ward.
    Gonna catch up with some kip soon

crumbum and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  12. Winter Blues

Winter Blues SF Supporter

Both of you are in my thoughts. I hope he continues to improve quickly xx

13. Lilyfrog

crumbum likes this.
  14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I hope he (and you) are feeling better now. We're here for you. Hope your so heals soon and recover swiftly x

15. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

That sounds painful for the missed vein part. Glad its being addressed. Hope he doesn't have to go through this again

Keep being a great mum

Take Care

crumbum and Karmitkurmit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.