SAT Verbal Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
I just thought they'd be typical questions about the kind of maths you do at the end of high school (like functions, integrals, trigonometry...), but here it is more about logic and simple maths, yeah *hiding I don't want to insult anyone, I forgot many things, too, but maths is my thing, so no offense ^^

Well I found that way harder, it has more to do with logic than knowledge :rolleyes:

1. B : kennel, dog
2. D : saw, cut
3. C : ecstasy, happiness
4. Oh god, I don't know what a gush is *hiding
5. E : smell, nose (but I'm not sure, it's a weird question)
6. E : golf, hole
7. B : ice, cold
8. A : book, store
9. D : altruist, selflessness
10. A : sanguine, cheerful ?
You got 6/10. Number one is lair/lion, four is touch/collide, five is tap/toe, and eight is cog/gear.

Auri

🎸🎢Metal Star🎡πŸ₯
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
You got 6/10. Number one is lair/lion, four is touch/collide, five is tap/toe, and eight is cog/gear.
Awwwww man *dunno

I hesitated long with the tap/toe. And I don't know what cog means in the context of a gear. *facepalm First one I agree, the lair is more logical.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
There were a couple that made me question myself, but I think I did alright *thumbsup

1 - B
2 - C
3 - D
4 - B
5 - E
6 - B
7 - E
8 - A
9 - D
10 - B

Thanks @Auri that was fun

Sunday16

SF Supporter
Ugh, I was never good at comparison tests, but here's my best shot:

1 – B
2 – D
3 – C
4 – D
5 – E
6 – E
7 – B
8 – A
9 – A
10 - B

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
1. Human survival is the result of mutual assistance, since people are essentially ___ rather than ___.
B. cooperative..competitive

2. For centuries, malnutrition has been ___ in the drought-stricken areas of Africa.
C. endemic

3. Even as they ___ their pledges of support, they secretly planned a betrayal; their actions ___ their words.
D. reiterated..belied

4. The day will come when our ___ will look back upon is and our time with a sense of superiority.
B. descendants

5. Their ___ debate, billed as a(n) ___ of their opinions, was only needless repetition.
E. final..clarification

6. With the ___ of winter storms, all drivers should take extra ___ while on the road.
B. approach..precautions

7. Despite our ___, Eva ___ the stranger for directions.
E. warnings..approached

8. The young man was very unlikely to be hired; his appearance was disheveled, slovenly, and ___.
A. tousled

9. The use of trained bears in circuses was once a ___, but has now almost ___.
E. legacy..vanished

10. Although he has a reputation for aloofness, his manner on that occasion was so ___ that everyone felt perfectly at ease.
B. gracious

i wonder if i have acquired anything in life - like vocabulary - English was never a strength in high school.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
1. Human survival is the result of mutual assistance, since people are essentially ___ rather than ___.
B. cooperative..competitive

2. For centuries, malnutrition has been ___ in the drought-stricken areas of Africa.
C. endemic

3. Even as they ___ their pledges of support, they secretly planned a betrayal; their actions ___ their words.
D. reiterated..belied

4. The day will come when our ___ will look back upon is and our time with a sense of superiority.
B. descendants

5. Their ___ debate, billed as a(n) ___ of their opinions, was only needless repetition.
E. final..clarification

6. With the ___ of winter storms, all drivers should take extra ___ while on the road.
B. approach..precautions

E. warnings..approached

8. The young man was very unlikely to be hired; his appearance was disheveled, slovenly, and ___.
A. tousled

E. legacy..vanished

10. Although he has a reputation for aloofness, his manner on that occasion was so ___ that everyone felt perfectly at ease.
B. gracious

i wonder if i have acquired anything in life - like vocabulary - English was never a strength in high school.
So I got 9 I think. But I reject the "correct" answer for #9. I think when changing commonplace to a noun, it alters the meaning to making it insufficiently effective for use in this instance. Nonetheless, fuck!!! The stupid dictionary allows it. What morons once again. I think ceased is less effective as well.

Auri

🎸🎢Metal Star🎡πŸ₯
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
So I got 9 I think. But I reject the "correct" answer for #9. I think when changing commonplace to a noun, it alters the meaning to making it insufficiently effective for use in this instance. Nonetheless, fuck!!! The stupid dictionary allows it. What morons once again. I think ceased is less effective as well.
A legacy though :D Trained bears in circuses :wow:

MusicMoggy

B

C

A

C

A

C

B

A

D

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00