Saturday, June 6, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hi and happy Saturday. Cafe open for business.

Getting hot here in USA east coast.

So, wanted to open since its mid noon over here.

1) what's your preference, coffee or tea? How do you like it? Are there coffee shops where you live?

2) what's the most memorable gift you've received? Is there a gift that you've given or made that was special?

3) would you like to share a photo here of something you took recently?

Please help tag. Thanks @Kiwi2016 @extraterrestrialone @Baywasp @@blackopium @Unicorn123 @ClassicShowsFan @LonelyHiker @SillyOldBear

Attachments

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
1) switched from tea to coffee at age 40ish. Like dark roast with cream n sugar.

2) just the holidays that my mother would try to make special with some gifts. I liked the porcelain dolls my ex husband got me. Painted portrait of my daughter, other people and other collages that I was energized and excited to give them at the time.

3)went on walk today,

Can you spot the crane? 20200606_124212.jpg 20200606_124220.jpg

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Lane
1) what's your preference, coffee or tea? How do you like it? Are there coffee shops where you live?
I like them both. I crave them at different times. There are plenty of coffee shops. Not so much in my neighborhood, but they're not too far away. My favorite coffee shop closed down (last year I think?)
2) what's the most memorable gift you've received? Is there a gift that you've given or made that was special?
The most memorable gift was when I got my first guitar when I was about 12.
My most recent photo, the pizza I had the other day (with a slice missing because I gave it to my roommate's girlfriend.)
1591470348244.png

cymbele

SF Supporter

Coffee as I can't stand tea. Why I don't know they are both hot flavored waters but I don't care for tea.

The thing I remember most is a wood-carved plaque that my ex made me to attach my symbol of entering the honor society in college.

I like making gifts for Christmas/birthdays but I make a few and give them away. I have very little that I have made as I am trying not to accumulate stuff and things. Currently made paper towel holders and am thinking about making a mantle clock though I am scared stiff I will wreck it along the way so I haven't started it.

3) would you like to share a photo here of something you took recently? What image do you see in this photo of a cloud? Or at least I'm trying to attach

Attachments

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I forgot to say how I like my tea/coffee. I prefer herbal tea for the most part. Or green tea, especially jasmine. Sometimes I'll put some sugar in when it's iced but I just drink it plain when it's hot. Unless I specifically want milk tea; that's another story. For coffee, I tend to prefer espresso drinks such as lattes, but when I drink regular coffee, I'll often have it plain. Unless it's iced, in which case I prefer plenty of cream and sugar. But I'll drink iced coffee plain too if that's how it comes.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
...double thanks @Lane and the Qs, yes these Qs...

1) what's your preference, coffee or tea? How do you like it? Are there coffee shops where you live? my preference is tea or coffee or, on the other had, coffee or tea after all. three months ago i am certain there was a coffee shop a block away by the train station. is it there now? i do not know. i bet starbucks is still around several blocks away though. but i love coffee the most when at home and tea is best at home. it all depends on a combination of factors or a prevailing factor, which one and what with, or time of day, or level of sadness, or happiness...

2) what's the most memorable gift you've received? Is there a gift that you've given or made that was special? i can only hope that anything i ever gave anyone touched the recipient nearly as much as one gift i received long ago - but touched - because specific aim had been clearly taken - at the heart, my heart - and lives with me always. (funny - but the actual thing i do not remember for sure - was it a little stuffed bear in a box? - but the sentiment is always there).

3) would you like to share a photo here of something you took recently? yes. (if january is recent) but unfortunately google and apple and android have conspired to redefine “easy” to mean “a thing that cannot be done”. i have no idea of how to move an image from my phone to my ipad and thus it will remain - i am afraid - forever - unaccessible on my phone.

I'm not very good at these, but here it goes...

1) what's your preference, coffee, or tea? How do you like it? Are there coffee shops where you live?
I've never had tea, but coffee made me hyper AF. I don't want to drink it and become dependent on it. I don't know about any coffee shops around here.

I remember getting gifts, but looking back, they weren't good for my life (video games and toys and stuff). I don't remember giving anyone gifts.

Here are some pics of a herd of turkeys that ended up in my backyard a while back.

@kdm @Aj q8 @KindaOtiose @ExhaustedMom0210 SAM_1902.JPG SAM_1898.JPG SAM_1911.JPG SAM_1915.JPG

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening the cafe @Lane

1) what's your preference, coffee or tea? How do you like it? Are there coffee shops where you live? If making at home, black coffee, no sugar. If I'm out whatever takes my fancy at the moment!

2) what's the most memorable gift you've received? Is there a gift that you've given or made that was special? Received? My daughter, the best thing to ever happen to me. Given? Probably the same answer.

IMG_20200604_113937.jpg
My grandmother's garden (probably doesn't do justice to how big it is) made me think of @Sunspots though

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter

Coffee as I can't stand tea. Why I don't know they are both hot flavored waters but I don't care for tea.

The thing I remember most is a wood-carved plaque that my ex made me to attach my symbol of entering the honor society in college.

I like making gifts for Christmas/birthdays but I make a few and give them away. I have very little that I have made as I am trying not to accumulate stuff and things. Currently made paper towel holders and am thinking about making a mantle clock though I am scared stiff I will wreck it along the way so I haven't started it.

3) would you like to share a photo here of something you took recently? What image do you see in this photo of a cloud? Or at least I'm trying to attach
Looks like one of the Whos from Whoville!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00