Save a 13 Year old kid

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by JoeyB, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyB

JoeyB Member

Hi i'm Joey and i joined this forum for obvious reason. The past year i've been extremely depressed because multiple things have happened to me.
    I always kept in all my sadness and emotion and kept a straight face, but i think in doing so everything i held in is bursting out right now and i need the pain to stop.
    I'm 13 and i don't want to die just yet. Help?
  2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

im here, introduce me ! whats happening hun?
  3. JoeyB

JoeyB Member

well everything in my life seems to go wrong, from day one.
    i've never met my biological father, which makes me very insecure.
    In my 13 years, i've lived in 6 houses, gone to 3 junior highs (losing all my friends thrice over) 2 elementary schools,

i've had several major surgeries on my stomach and eyes, due to severe Acid reflux.
    my parent's recently divorced and my 'dad' said he never wanted to see me again.
    my mom can't hardly afford our house without contributions from her ex, who refuses to help. putting us in danger of forclosure.
    my girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend.
    all this doesn't seem bad independently, but i bottled in all my feelings the whole time, trying to forget it. it's like, not cleaning your room for a year. it's easy to clean once a week, but if you keep it the same for a year it's gonna be an impossible mess.
    everyone i've tried to trust ends up betraying my trust, lying to me, talking behind my back, etc.

i don't know what to do with my mess now that i've noticed how much it has grown....
  4. jane doe

aww joey. Life can be really rough on us, specially when we are very young. Im sorry about your mother`s divorce :hug: Joey u have a wonderfull life ahead of you, it started like hell, i know, but you allready started cleaning the mess by talking here and taking everything outside your mind. Teenages sucks,what can i say. but now is when u gotta be strong. not only for you, but for your mom. I know you would love to have a wonderfull family and a great girlfriend and a whole bunch of friends. but sometimes to get that we all have to be in pain to enjoy the good things we`ll have later.

if your girlfriend cheated on u with your best friend, then none of them deserved you to be in their lifes.And because you are hurted for this, means you are a hell of a much better person. Joey take my advice, cry for her loss and move on. If she`s cheating at this age then whats gonna be of her when she`s 30?

hun im here with you :hug:
  5. JoeyB

JoeyB Member

thanks so much for really does help.
    i can't stand looking around and seeing everyone else in this perfect little world. it's so lonely, to be the only one who seems to have actually looked inside myself and learn that this world is anything but perfect.
    I have three ways of coping with my troubles, and i think this forum is my shiny new fourth. I write songs/poetry, play guitar, and paint. Those are my stress relievers, but the problem is that my guitar doesn't talk to me, and neither does my art or my writing.
  6. jane doe

well writting does talk to you. about yourself and your pain, better than any1. But i know what you mean, its nice to have someone to share things and to be able to talk when u dont have anybody around to release all the pain inside. Im glad you found this forum and that u can open up to everybody.

i almost forgot! welcome to the forums!!

btw, if you are looking for ways to cope, ask people and dont follow examples that u might see in the forum.Its for your best..
  7. JoeyB

JoeyB Member

thanks, and thank you very much for being the first person to welcome me here, it really means a lot.
  8. jane doe

im sure there will be a lot more if u post on the welcome section. They all love to show newcomers why SF is here :D
  9. Fantasy Addict

Fantasy Addict Active Member

I wish I had seen this thread sooner!

Hi, Joey. My name is Collin, and I really feel like I can (at least, somewhat) relate to your situation. I understand what it feels like to think that you're the only person who sees the unfortunate side of the world. Seeing ignorant happiness on the faces of your peers while you're so miserable can be hard, and it's something that I've been struggling with since the 4th grade. I don't know if it will work for you, but I always find comfort in knowing that I've grown more mature than they are, and I know by what you just said that you've matured much faster than other kids, too.

As for surgery, that really sucks. I don't know what I can tell you. Just stay strong. The doctors know what they're doing. :smile:

Your parents are going through a hard time, but you seem like a very smart kid, and I know you'll be okay. Don't ever let what your "father" says bother you. I don't know if you still feel attached to him at all, but with all honesty, I hope you don't. He sounds like an awful person, and you shouldn't waste your time associating yourself with him. You're a better person than he is.

Personally, I think that you're (I say this for myself as well. I'm only fourteen.) a little young for a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, but if it's something that you want to pursue, by all means, go for it. Just know that people are selfish, and getting involved at such a young age isn't very healthy for your emotional growth. I'm not saying that you shouldn't trust anyone, but things like this happen. I know that you can make it through whatever happens though. Don't let it bother you. :smile:

There's not much else that I can say. My parents have gone through numerous times where divorce has been involved, and they're going to be divorced again in a few days. My dad won't pay child support because his pastor told him not to, and we're losing our house as well. I want you to know that I understand what you're going through, and I'll always be here if you ever need someone to talk to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.