saw a psychiatrist yesterday

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meagainstme, Feb 24, 2007.

1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

she was BITCHHH!!!!!!

she was so insensitive and twisted EVERYTHING i said. she was an utter bitch and now i feel even worse about myself than i did before.

gosh. someone else i hate in the world.

fucking hell.
  2. DepressionII

DepressionII Well-Known Member

Try kinesiology. Spirit tapping, a form of natural healing, if you can take that stuff seriously. Dude, one session made me feel better and lighter than every psychologist/iatrist session put together.
  3. ithurts

ithurts Member

I feel you. I've had bad experiences with psychiatrists and therapists, too. I don't know why they have to be so rude and insensitive. We do pay them tons of money. It isn't right.
  4. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

Tell your gp you can't work with this woman, you absolutely have the right to do that.

There are a lot of useless phychiatrists and therapists out there, but also some really good ones too. Don't give up :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  5. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I'm not saying this necessarily right or wrong. I think I'd need a f'rinstance of how she twisted your words before I pass judgment.

And you'd have to travel a long way before you find somebody with a lower opinion of psychiatrists, so I'm certainly not defending this. I just think your post lacked enough concrete information for anyone to form a valid opinion.
  6. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

well for example

she asked me about my relationship with my mom

me - we get on really well. but i dont like to talk to her about my depression

her - so your not very close?

me - no we are REALLY close

her - but you dont get on well really?

me - no we get on REALLY well. i jst dont want to talk to her about this

her - hmm *writes down notes*
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

maybe give her another cahnce and if your opinion is still the same, then look for someone else. There are caring psychs out there. You may have to search awhile to find one you are comfortable with. Keep trying. Don't feel bad if this one does not work out for you.
  8. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

My thoughts are: if you do decide to give her another chance, let her start her questioning and pause, and explain to her WHY you dislike that comment and how it make you feel. You have to speak up assertively. It is a tough thing to learn. I hate when professionals write in MY chart or about me and do not really seem to care. You can identify the snottyness fast, turns me off! But, I do not know they outside of our appt time.

Sounds from one example, that she is doing her assesment in her way. It is same as teachers who teach in one way and not FOR the students learning style. The questioning may bug you to hell, but that is how she has to find out how you think/act/behave. I am sure their are various ways to discuss, diagnosis in the medical world. Maybe she stuck on one methodology. :eek:hmy:

My idea is you are not very talkative. Just understand pdoc, like a GP cannot know your pain unless you talk, talk, talk, explain, examples; Not exaggerate, or lie, just share. That is so difficult for us guarded people. :unsure:

On the other hand, figure out why you want a new referral and get out; you have to shop around to find a pdoc that you click with. They serve YOU!
    I can relate to not liking a doc, but you may need to try to see the big picture and figure out WHY?

Good luck, will be curious how it goes. let us know. :smile:
  9. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Good grief. That is ridiculous.