Saw a SH person today

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Dave_N, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I was at an amusement park today when a girl who had many scars on her legs walked by. They looked like self-inflicted wounds and I thought that she must be self-harmer. I then thought about people here on SF who suffer with SH everyday. Hope you guys can resist the urge to cut, even though I know it must be hard. :hug:
  2. confusedgirl

confusedgirl Well-Known Member

I feel sick everytime I see someone with sh scars not because im discusted (because ive done/do it myself) But because it makes me think at some point they feel/ felt what we all here have gone / go through each day. People need support and sometimes they don't get it. Anyone who needs support should reach out to atleast someone even if you think its silly. People do care X
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I began cutting 23 years ago and there was little to no awareness about it so it is nice to see that you two have compassion for those that deal with this type of thing.
    I still hide my scars but sometimes they show and can tell you the reaction over the years has changed for the better.
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I forget the scars I have on my arms and legs, I wonder what people think when they see them and if they feel similar to you. I can remember a couple of women saying "I love her hair" when I walked past them...and I think they were encouraging me if they saw my arms, as they were plainly visible- I was wearing a dress then.

I often wonder if I'd be okay with fresh cuts (scabs) and a t-shirt, and I think I would. I don't know, there used to be a time where I'd hide them from everyone, but I don't now.
  5. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting this Dave. I saw it when you first posted it, and it meant a lot to me that someone could be so kind, but I didn't feel able to reply at the time.

So thank you for your kind thoughts and words, they give me hope that there is some love and understanding in the world.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

:hug: I'm glad that it was helpful for you Mim. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.