saw my psychiatrist today...

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Koji, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

...for the last time. He says there's nothing more he can do for me, and he took me off the nardil. I agree with his decision, seeing him wasn't helping me any.

I have an appointment with my therapist on april 2, and i suspect it will be the last time i see him as well, as seeing him isn't helping me any either.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

My psychiatrist gave up on me too. I can't keep on living like this so I guess that I'll keep trying to seek help, though by this time I think that it's pointless. I'm sorry that they aren't helping you.

3. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

i'm sorry too AAA3330

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have had plenty of psychiatrists. Like lots!!! Some just didn't quite understand me but never gave up on me as such. Most of them came to the same conclusion of PTSD/MDD/BPD/Anxiety, I was very willing to try anything that would help, psychotherapy,meditation,breathing exercises, I met them half way and thanks to that I am depression free today. You have to make sure they know you are willing to help yourself too, I'm not saying you aren't already but meeting them halfway is key. I am sorry your psych has given up on you, I don't know how I would feel if that happened to me, they always commented on how my personality changed a lot. I couldn't see it though but they're the professionals so I just kept up an made sure I went to every appointment.

As I said I am sorry your psych gave up on you, it's time to ask for a new psych and best of luck with your therapist. My next appointment is also on April 2nd :)

5. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

There's no other psychs available around here, and i don't see how anyone else could help me either. The things this guy was asking me to do were unacceptable to me, so like i said i agree with his decision.

6. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

Never give up, Koji. Psychiatrists are like preachers in a church. It's an odd simile, I know, but they are the same in the sense that you can visit many different ones before you find one that seems to know what he is talking about as well as connect with you on a personal level (I'm not even religious but I think that was a good simile :glee: ). But anyways, I am sure you will find someone who is able to help you without pushing you too far from your comfort zone. Stick with it and be safe my friend.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am curious as to what he was asking you to do? Only if you want to say of course.

8. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

Jericho he was one of only two psychiatrists available here, and i already saw the other one.

Petal i've resolved not to talk about my problem on here anymore, as it only makes people angry and/or sad, so i'm not going to say. Thank you for your concern though.

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Good luck in your journey.

10. Charlie farley

Charlie farley Banned Member

Good luck from me too Koji :)

11. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I saw my therapist for the last time today. I was seeing him for over 2 years now and it hasn't helped me any.