Saying yes to everything

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by SAVE_ME, Sep 2, 2009.

1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

To anyone who's ever read 'Yes Man' by Danny Wallace, or even seen the Jim Carrey film which is loosely based on the book, then I am thinking of setting myself a similar challenge. For so long I've had negativity flying all around me, always saying 'no' to all these opportunities that came my way because I was too afraid. So I'm thinking of taking a leaf out of his book and saying yes to everything for an entire year. Might help to set myself some kind of challenge like this. Could be fun too.
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Will you come to Canada and have gay sex with me?
  3. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

4. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Good luck, just expect terrible questions on the thread xD
    Yes man was kinda brilliant x]
  5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I'm going to try and do the same from Monday.. I wish you luck. :smile:
  6. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

lol yeah, I pretty much expected it when I first typed it out. Obviously nothing too ridiculous or nothing that could land me in jail :tongue:

Basically, things like trying new things. For example, I've always been a very fussy eater and only eat certain things, mostly crap that I know isn't good for me, but I wanna make a habit of say....going down to the bakery, and instead of stuffing my fat face with a chocolate muffin, try something like a sausage roll (yes! hard to believe! I've never tried sausage rolls before! :eek:hmy:)

Also, Freshers' week is coming up at Uni and I wanna try and get myself to as many events, clubs, societies as possible. I'm moving to the halls on Saturday and I wanna make a habit of meeting new people and if I get invited to nights out at the student union bar, go along and enjoy myself instead of being holed up in my room all the time like I normally would. I also wanna make a habit of learning to cook. Not expecting to go from complete novice to Jamie Oliver or anything :tongue: but make a habit of picking a simple recipe to follow and trying it out. I usually end up having the same crap to eat just about every night, and it'd be nice to be able to pick at least one meal for each day of the week, and try more things.

Thanks Mel-x, good luck to you too :)

I guess a better thread title would be 'Saying yes more often' :tongue:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Sausage rolls are good. So is Canadian gay sex! XD
  8. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

(ive only seen the movie so bare with me)

I think the point of the movie is not necessarily to say yes to absoloutely everything but to think before you immediately say no.
    Perhaps asking yourself "will it hurt/affect me, if i say no?" then saying yes.. Giving you life experience and other positive motivations. If you go and say yes to absoloutely everything you can find yourself in awkward, embarrassing and even dangerous situations.

There is a point in ones life when saying is necessary, remember that.