Scare your problems away!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Blacky, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Hey there,
    so, I don't really know why I'm posting this, but I thought that I'll have to do it, so yap :)
    So, I'm still fighting with my mom about some stuff and she kinda threat me that if I'm not
    speaking with her she would call the police and tell them that she thinks I am gonna do something (which wasn't the case)
    So anyway, I had to learn math today with a few friends and I told them, that this is not cool anymore and
    we kinda created the phrase..."Scare your rpoblems away!"
    So, I thought this would mabye help some of you, I mean, yes we cannot scare our problems away but
    if you think of our problem as a monster and you just scare the monster away, that mabye
    helps, I mean, at least you can laugh.
    After that I was better, not okay, but better, and I think it is important to do something to
    occupy yourself or ro some fun stuff.
    Mabye this helps, mabye not, but at least I tried.
    So, I will hug all of you and yep :) :hug:
  2. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

Me: "Go away, problems! Go on, shooo!"
    Problems: (Scary Voice) "NO!"
    Me: :Cry:
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Blacky, I think its a great idea. The idea that your problems have fear and can be scared away because YOU are stronger than they are. I think this could work for some people some of the time. to either do with seriousness or humor. Either way might work, So thanks for sharing that !
  4. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

Good idea I'll have to keep this in mind,
  5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

lol that's a strange thought, isn't it?

i think if everything truly worked like that, none of us would ever have problems
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Based on some of the threads you have posted in the last 3 weeks I think you might want to cut your mom some slack about her saying if she cant get hold of you or you aren't talking to her she will call the police. And give her a big hug for caring enough to notice....
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

In my experience, there are two effective ways to "scare problems away." 1. Take actions to improve my situation or the way I am perceiving things. And 2. Find myself facing an even worse, scarier problem.

I recommend doing the first, and I always hope that the second doesn't happen to me or anyone. The really good thing about trying to improve our situation or attitudes is that it can make all areas of our lives seem better or more manageable.

Of course, it's fairly easy to say just do things to make life better - and much harder to do it. Setting goals and taking small steps, acknowledging small victories, and enjoying good moments even if they're brief are places we could begin.
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I would scare the monster away, but maybe I am the monster. No matter how much I want to run away from myself, I can't do it. It sucks to be scared of everything and mostly to be scared of yourself, and not know what you'll do next. But I think this advice could work for some people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.