Scared about my mum

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by *dilligaf*, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

She's been in an emptional state for a couple of months after a break up.
    She broke down tongiht and started crying to me, saying she was in a big hole and didn't know what to do. Saying every one hated her. Saying she lost it when her ex split up with her, stuff like that.

This is bad enough but she's going away in like 5 hours for the week.

She's told me all along that she is going with her work but she finally told my aunt today that she is in fact going alone. I am scared. I don't want her going away alone.

She said to me when she was crying "I'm suicidal. No I'm not, that's the wrong word. I'm not." I said to her "Don't even joke about it, you're not going away if you're suicidal" and she goes "Ofcourse I'm not suicidal! Don't be stupid!"

Now I don't know what to do.

Help :sad: :sad:

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Don't let her go alone if you really think she's going to do something.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, sweetie.

Do you know where she is going? Has she left you an address and number? Will she have access to email? Does she have a cell phone? Any chance you could go with her?

If you can't go with her, perhaps you could just keep in frequent touch with her. Like a phonecall during the day and one at night. Maybe reassure her that you love her. Perhaps tell her you're worried about her...that she is important to you and you don't want anything to happen to her.

If you've got the address for where she'll be, you could send flowers to her room.

You could put little little messages in her wallet/purse/makeup bag/scattered in her clothes in her suitcase, saying "Have a good day!" "Miss you, Mum!" etc.

I hope you find a way to feel reassured, hun. It may be that a few days away and a chance to be alone to think are what she needs.

Take care of yourself, too. Hugs to you and your mum,

A.

4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

How can I stop her??

Hey ACy,
    It's too late for me to go with her now, she is leaving in a few hours. As for contact info .. all I have is her mobile

:sad:

5. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Can you talk to her before she goes, tell her how worried you are?

:hug: Hazel xx

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'll have to :sad: But she just brushes it off when I try :sad:

7. Acy

Tell her it's very important to you that you stay in touch because you love her and are worried. Or, as bcs suggested - if you're worried she really might try something, don't let her go alone, don't let her go...

Sometimes a "no harm" contract works. Ummm....Maybe set up some specific times when she is to call you or when you'll call her. At the end of each phone call, arrange a new calling time for the next day. Ummm...Ask her where she's going to be staying?

Don't know if I'm being much help, but at least letting her know you care can't hurt. :hug:

A.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thank you :hug:

I don't know what to say right now.

I'd give anything for her not to go , but she is going and I can't stop that.

I'll try the phone calls :smile:

9. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I'm only replying to this because it's about your mum and i still care for her very much.

I talked to your Mum alot about how you felt, more than you know actually. Theres no way she'd do something silly like that. Not after what shes been through with you and how worried shes been about P in the past, she probably needs time away to sort her head out. You of people should know that as you two are similar in so many ways. I know that you don't want her to go but shes as stubborn as you and will do what she wants.

Get G to talk to her, she'll be able to get her to open up alot more than you can.

Ps. that man was a twat, shes better off without him in the long run.

10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Thanks Vik

I know he was a twat - but she didn't think so (blind or what eh)

Yeah I know she was worried about me, and about P .. hadn't thought about that. But I also know how very low she is right now.

As for G - they aren't talking.

11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Well.

She's just left.

I left 6 little notes throughout her luggage and handbags. And I went out to the taxi and gave her a hug and kiss and told her I loved her.

She came into my room about 10 minutes before she left and asked me if I wanted her to go or not, and I said something like "go have fun" and she said to me "I just want someone to tell me not to go." so I said for her not to go if she didn't want to. And she said "it's all booked now, i do and i don't at the same time" and it went on like that for a few mins.

I'm scared and confused.

12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Mum just called :D
    She's at the airport and just found the first note I left her (in with her tickets) she phoned me nearly crying ... but in a good way cos i'd done it lol.
    She sounded muchmuchmuch better :D
    Thanks to Joe and Acy for getting me to write the letters :)
    Thanks everyone xx

13. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Awww :) :hug:

Great stuff hun :)

14. Acy

Glad to hear the news! Big hugs! :hugtackles::hugtackles:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.