Scared about the doctors

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by whybother?, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

rite im still very suicidal and i went crazy with the razor blade and my arm is covered. Anyway im afraid about telling my doctor becuz the last time i did my whole family found out and they made me life SHIT. i dont know wat to do :(
  2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

it sounds like you are in a tough position, you are trying to reach out to your doctor but scared of what may happen with your family due to past experience, is it possible to speak to the doctor about your concerns and say you do not want your family to know (depending on how old you are that is). Getting attention for your wounds is important for your well-being. i hope things work out okay for you.
  3. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

im 22, and wen i went to the doctors in the past i was 19 so i was treated like an adult, but the only reason my family found out is cuz i said i was suicidal and they said i wud be a threat to myself so had to tell my family, im suicidal now so soon as i goto the doctors thats it, my life is going to be even more shit than i cud even imagine :sad:
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You should really try hard to resist the urge of cutting yourself. It only makes matters worse, because you lose a lot of blood and you're left with a lot of scars.
  5. music_junkie

music_junkie Well-Known Member

If you live in the states and are over 18 you can request your family be left out of your treatment. MDs cannot ethically or legally breach patient-doc confidentiality... it's under the HIPAA laws, which are a big deal in the clinical AND legal fields.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.