Scared about tomorrow

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by darcy99, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darcy99

darcy99 Member

Hello~ I have an appointment for my first counseling session for alcoholism tomorrow and thought I would be feeling better tonight but I am actually very nervous and scared about what might happen tomorrow. I have never been to counseling before and am unsure of what to expect. I feel like it is now or never for me. One of my family members died at the same age I will be this year from complications of alcoholism. Please just keep me in your thoughts that I can get through this. I wasn't expecting it to be this hard. Thank You.
  2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I wish you the best of luck, you will do great. Try not to worry too much and if you don't feel like saying too much or opening up a lot, don't feel that you have to. It's your first session and the doctor will be understanding. The counselor will lead usually so it should help a bit, just be yourself and you will get through just fine :)
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, what you're going through and feeling now is the worst part. It will be easier than you think. I've been to a few counsellors, they're trained to make you feel relaxed remember that :) The counsellor usually leads so while there might be a few awkward silences things will go well. Well done to you for getting up and doing something about your alcoholism, i'll keep you in my thoughts.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Please do not be scared as the appointment mentioned will help you. Let it all out. You will be relieved from the stress. Remember the people are here to help YOU and not judge you for your addiction. You have to find the inner strength to move forward. Be strong my friend as you can do it. It's about wanting and believing that you want to battle the demons within. I know its hard but we have a lot of faith in you. Let it be the start of your recovery. Yes, you might relapse but I know you want we are here for YOU. Don't worry now. Keep posting as you just need to think that a person in a corner of world does care about YOU.
  5. darcy99

darcy99 Member

Thanks everyone. I told her just about everything. The hour went so fast we didn't get the questionnaire that she wanted me to do done so she can put together a plan for my treatment. We will have to do that next week. I was comfortable with her though which was a big step because I am not comfortable around many people. I also told her about my suicidal thoughts and I think I got lucky because she mentioned she wouldn't put me in the hospital for now but if it happens again to call her or get myself to the emergency room. I don't have a time just a plan so it never crossed my mind she would put me in the hospital. I will have to be careful what I tell her about that I guess but for the most part it went well and I am looking forward to hopefully quitting drinking. It will make my life so much better. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

That's great that you hit it off with the T.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Darcy! I am so glad your appointment went so well for you and that she was kind and understanding and made you feel comfortable. That is certainly a huge step in the right direction! Well done :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.