Scared and alone..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by janeD, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janeD

janeD New Member

I almost died the other night and I'm not sure how to take it , part of me wishes I never swerved the car into the next lane and let the drunk driver just hit me head on then maybe all of my pain will end but part of me sees it as a wake up call, I noticed how beautiful everything is but the pain just intensified... It seems life is so hard to manage anymore at all , the only thing that has kept me going is my twin sister and my mother because I cant hurt them that way but part of me wonders when will that no longer be enough? Part of me wishes that someone will find me and save me , I've thought about getting help I havnt out of fear because I am trying to enlist in the military , it has been something I have wanted to do since I was a child and I just cant risk getting disqualified for seeking help , so I suppose this may be my feeble attempt at reaching some kind of help

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I am so glad you decided to save yourself...is there a way to get treatment without it being documented? Maybe a psych nurse or your family doctor which would be seen as routine services? I hope you find the support you are seeking here and welcome again

3. Jam292

Jam292 Member

I always found it funny that this stigma about seeking help can lead to job disqualification. They must realize that will lead to people not seeking the help they need. Sorry you find yourself in this situation, but I'm in the same boat as you. I've worked for the government and have been asked on polygraph test if I've ever seen a mental health professional - sickening.

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI JaneD adn welcome to SF... glad you still alive and trying.. that situation has some hope in it.. yes the military and government does cast real doubts in someone who admits seeking mental health treatment.. shame on them. for example most of our govenment politicians are out there so damn far they bear no resemblence to sanity most of the time.. just Jane if suicide starts looking to you as the option for you then you should probably cross that bridge to mental health treatment for yourself..

lots of crazy and disturbed ppl on here.. we know very well some of what you going thru each day.. we will listen and try to calm your beasts within.. not going to judge at all..glad to have you with us now.. tc, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.