Scared and dont know why??????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by lelantgirl, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lelantgirl

lelantgirl Well-Known Member

I am a child abuse and adult rape survivor. I am still quite messed up about it all, but have NEVER felt threatened by my best male friend.
    However for no reason ATALL I suddenly fear him and that he is going to rape me, why is this?
    He is very gentle and caring towards me, when he visits we share a single bed as friends (although I think he likes me as much I like him) but he has never hurt me or tried anything on, so why now all of a sudden do I fear he is wanting to rape me?

It upsets me greatly to think this, he lives 160 miles away and wont be visiting again just yet, but right now its like I cant even e-mail him and we always mail daily and he is my support as going through very bad patch at moment with alsorts of things, including grieving for my mum.

PLEASE can someone help me work out whats going on in my head?
    I feel so upset about it and scared when think of him, its crazy. Thankyou.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps he is giving off signals he want to be more then a friend hun Perhaps sleeiping in a single bed not a good idea as it may be a trigger of emotions for you he could perhaps sleep on couch If he understands you situation let him know that for some reason you are being triggered now and are afraid .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.