scared and need advice . . re: psychiatrist appointment

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by SunFlower, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunFlower

SunFlower Member

The title says it all really,
    I'm terrified of going to this appointment, i feel so sick whenever i think about talking to people about my problems.
    I keep trying to find excuses, it all feels impossible right now, i dont know what to do or whether to go, so confused. :unsure:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect?
    I dont get what they'll ask or what it'll be like?

Also how scary is going, im SO scared and nervous. :(

Sorry. SunFlower.
  2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

dont be scared. theyll probs ask how life is at home, work, etc. what hobbies you have, stuff like that. youll be fine. :)
  3. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

But that is their job.It is the last place you need to feel you cannot be honest.And they have heard it all...You will feel a sense of relief after the appointment,especially if you are honest.It takes courage to go but you will be glad you did.I won't wish you luck..I will brave..
    take care
  4. bright1

bright1 Well-Known Member

Don't be nervous.

I bet the reason you're so scared is because you think that you're extremely crazy, and once you start telling other people exactly what you're thinking everyone is going to know and you'll be locked up.

But you're not extremely crazy. You're not even a little crazy. And nothing the therapist will hear is going to be any different that what he or she has heard about a thousand times before.

Most people who have problems think they're all alone and that no one else is going through what they are. But a lot of people are going through the same things. That's one thing I've learned. Once I stopped pretending that I was fine an admitted I was depressed, a lot of people I knew told me that they've also been depressed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.