Scared for myself!

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by shadowcat, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowcat

shadowcat Well-Known Member

I have been away from this forum for awhile, but for certain reasons popping up recently has pointed me back to the forum. I am engaged to be married in a couple months. Around Christmas I came to realize that I needed to find some help with my past. It seems it is popping up in our relantionship and effecting me very much. My fiance is very wonderful, caring and loving guy who loves me so much he is there for me thru thick and thin. He is very scared that my past is repressed so much that it is going to come to a point I will crack and it will not be pretty. All of this stems from when I was 13 and I was molested by my boyfriend for about a year. The next year I had to be taken from one new public school and my family had to move to another school district due to me almost having a nervous breakdown. Something happened one day at school before I changed schools, but the last thing I remember was being in the library at school, the next thing I remember is going to the dr's office where he told my mother I needed to change schools right then and there. I am very scared about what is going to happen and I want to not feel scared of going further in our relationship.

2. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

First of all, let me congratulate you on your engagement! It is wonderful that you have found such a supporting man to be with for the rest of your life.

Burying past pain and issues can cause present hurt and issues with the people you love, very true. If you want to, please feel free to PM me - I can definitely relate to your story and can offer more personal advice via private message, if you'd like.

Be safe.
    Lisa

3. shadowcat

shadowcat Well-Known Member

Thank you, I will pm you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.