Scared of breaking routine? And another question...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ALoveLetterAway, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALoveLetterAway

ALoveLetterAway Active Member

I really want to go into recovery, but I feel like since I have EDNOS people don't take me seriously, and instead say that I'm doing it for attention or that it's a phase. I want to get better, but I don't know where to start.

I'm also scared about starting something new, a new routine. I won't be counting calories and going to the gym like I normally do, which is a huge change. I'm scared for the future.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun do not let fear stop you from reaching out and getting help to heal okay
    No one will judge you they will be happy you are taking responsibility for you and getting the help you need. sometimes change is what is needed to start healing process hugs.

3. ALoveLetterAway

ALoveLetterAway Active Member

I guess so :) It's just hard, stepping away from something I'm so used to.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is hard stepping away from your comfort zone you can hun and who knows what good things will come when you do hugs

5. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

I was scared of giving up my routines as well. But you don't have to. The methods they use to ...that sounds bad but "manipulate" your thoughts and through them you habits are very gentle and it's a slow process.
    first of all nobody can make you do anything you don't want to.
    and nobody will prohibit you to weight yourself or will push you to eat more or less than you feel you can or want to.
    recovery is though. But once you took the first step-belive me-it'll feel good^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.