Scared of getting better

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ruby, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I think i've been feeling so unhappy for so long now that I couldn't imagine being any other way. Happiness is an alien concept to me and I don't know what it's like to live a normal life. As messed up as this may seem, i'm scared of the thought of being ok again. I don't want to participate in life at all; I don't want to work, I don't want to go to parties, I don't want to experience any of those things and I think it's because i'm so used to self harming and living the life of a depressive. Of course the idea of happiness and normality sounds good, I just don't think that I could live with it. Self harm acts as my barrier between the two.

Does anybody else feel this way?
  2. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Thats just how I feel now,It seems like I don't want to be happy. I imagine that like entering the new world,world unknown to me...
  3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Well, perhaps its worth it a try to see the positive site of live; you might enjoy it?? :hug:
  4. ray

ray New Member

i feel similar but i have not yet nor have i ever attempted harming myself.. i think that this feeling is so normal for us that we cant imagine loosing a part of us.. as wierd as this sounds! I hate feeling this way but i cant control it.. i somehow dont know happiness anymore so i dont know if i want to be happy again to suddenly get my hopes crushed and become depressed again.
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Change can be very scarey... leaving something you've known so long that in your mind how could you change, what is it? it's something so foreign it can be scarey.. I can defiantly understand that. It's hard but maybe give it a chance maybe you can be 'ok' being happy and healthy. Sorry if I am not making sense or helping. If you ever need to talk you are welcome to PM me. :hug:

PS - And I can understand I've felt something in a sense very similar. Change terrifies me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.