scared of impulsivity

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cycla, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cycla

cycla Member

i dont want to feel this way. I dont want to do anything stupid in the heat of the moment.
    My bipolar has left me in a depressed stage, no end in sight. I have a plan, i decided on it months ago. But i dont want to use it. Mostly.
    I have a better plan that involves me going to the hospital and getting help! But i dont wanna do that either unless im in dire straits.
    Im just scared of my impulsive nature.......
    Sorry if this post is rubbish.
  2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

cycla -

your post is not rubbish. i was in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago. i too, would be afraid of doing something impulsively and mostly because when we are feeling like you are feeling now, our minds arent working correctly.

use your plan of going to the hospital, dont wait until you feel even worse. call a friend if you can in the meantime and can confide in them or call a hotline.

please get some help, take care.
  3. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Hello Cycla,

I think its a good thing you have a plan B to go to the hospital. But as MoAnam suggested, methink its time to ask for professional help. The problem with plan B is that indeed, if you get low enough, distressed enough, you might decide to act upon your temporary feelings even if there is hope and help for you out there. Hope this helps.
  4. cycla

cycla Member

thankyou. I will try.
  5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Hello Cycla, hope this finds you in better spirits.

Your post is not rubbish and is short but to the point. Many people will search online at some point and find this. They will be in some situation like yourself and wondering if impulsive behaviour relating to bi polar might make you do something impulsive. Answer is, it might well do IF you just sit back and let it unfold.

IF you have not had any professional help then you really ought to think about it. Not sure of which country you are in as I'm in the UK and know about the situation here. At least we have a free health care service that, despite its faults, does have some great people who are dedicated to those they care for.

Good luck to you, congratulations for having the sense to seek help. Those who do not are the ones in the most danger.

Far from being a rubbish post it might well actually help save some poor soul out there!

My regards to you and here's hoping you at least book into see your local doctor if you still feel this way over the weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.