Scared of losing hope

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SuperTed64, Aug 9, 2016.

1. SuperTed64

SuperTed64 New Member

Figthing so hard, trying to keep my mind in a good place, I don't want to be in a place where it feels like nothing is gonna work or help me, fighting to keep hope alive, so scared, i think it's me comparing my experience to other people's, realizing all the things my depression has messed up for me in my life, feeling the Apathy and Anehedonia seep in, scared and frightened, waiting to get medication, gonna go to a mental health facility for outpatient care. see if that helps, so scared, i think it might be a good thing that i am scared though, but still, any advice or help me, been having a hard time letting my coping mechanisms work, but i know i gotta give 'em chance, don't know if i should full out admit myself into the Psych Ward.

I'm sorry if a lot of this is disorganized, trying to get out everything on my mind.

2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Go and talk to someone, then make a decision. Sometimes ward care is the worst thing for you. If you think you are safe and can stay that way, even in the face of whats hapening right now, then hopefully you can just do outpatient. But if thats not the case, then yeah, maybe some ward time might help.

Best of luck whichever way it goes and dont forget that SF is always here for you. Keep us posted ok.

If talking helps, I am here as well.

3. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

The fact that you are fighting to keep your mind in a good place and that you are fighting to keep hope alive says a lot. You are also seeking help right now which is a positive thing. Stay strong and keep fighting and know we're here to fight with you too. Good luck, but if you feel like you are going to harm yourself you should go to the psych ward.

4. Bee4Shine

Bee4Shine Member

You have a plan, seek counsel and possibly medication. That is always a good first step. Talking really helps, I know it is usually the last thing you want to do, because you feel like your words don't make sense. But the truth is, the more you talk, the more you make sense. So find someone who will listen. Maybe even let them know that you are not looking for answers or for them to fix it, just listen as you talk. Hear what you are saying. We were never meant to walk alone, so don't. Hugs friend.