scared of my little brother...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyGirl

Lately I've felt as though my brother could hurt me somehow... it may just be the general feeling that I get from people; especially people who yell and freak out alot. He's almost 16... he's filled with hormones and yells and freaks out alot. It makes me really uncomfortable.

I feel horrible for thinking this, even for a second... but I'm scared that he may turn into the same type of person as his father.
My brother's father is not mine. He was with my mom when I was just a little girl.
I remember when mom broke up with him, he stalked us. Not just mom-- but my sister and I, too. He would follow us in his red truck to and from school and sit outside the school gates during recesses... just waiting for his chance to do something horrible to us.
One night he broke into our house through the basement window and came upstairs. I don't remember everything-- but I was really scared. My sister was asleep in her room, but I heard mom crying and left my room to see what was happening. He was ontop of her... he was raping her and he pushed me into the corner and locked the door and told me not to say anything. Just be quiet and he wouldn't hurt me too.

These memories came back to me a couple of years ago-- but recently they've been bothering me alot with the way that my brother has been acting. He is also really mean to girls...
I'm really worried that he's going to become his father.
It makes me resent him a bit more every day... but I don't want to feel like this.

...should I talk to him?
I don't think he's mature enough for that talk yet...
I don't know what to do.
Am I doomed to just be walking on pins any time I'm around my brother? T__T
I know that they are different people but as he gets older, he looks more and more like the man that I remember who did those horrible things that I couldn't comprehend until now.

cloud9

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened that night......I hope that man got what he deserved in the end.

I'm not sure what kind of relationship you have with your brother or what kind of relationship you exactly want. I'm sort of in the same boat as you as I have a sister whose six years older than me. I'm definitely not the most open person with my sister. I'm not sure whether you want a brother that is. My sister has to a certain degree shaped the way I treat girls in general. Even if it was simply an indirect response to her complaints about my father and his emotional abuse toward my mom. I think it ingrained in me to treat women better than he did. You'd be surprised what living with a mom and sister who constantly complain about dad can do to a guy.

I think your brother is at a pretty vulnerable age. He's developing his values and beliefs now that will carry with him for awhile. Try talking to him. I'm not sure if you want to address what happened that particular night, but if its his treatment of women that worries you, who better to teach him proper manners than his older sister right?

I'm definitely a lot closer with my sister than my parents. Over the last few years we've grown closer as sort of a tag team against my parents. Of course I'm not close enough to discuss what I spill on this site, but its nice to have someone around who cares. If you want a closer bro/sis relationship I suggest you do talk to him. And you know what? Your brother is probably going to nag to a certain degree, tell you to get out of his room, maybe shout at you a little. That's the way I was just to warn you. Point is, my sister's message did come across and we're really only as close as we are thanks to her efforts.

Don't get me wrong we still do scream at each other on occasion and cuss each other out, but seriously what modern day dysfunctional family doesn't do that? Big Sisters.........you can't live with em..........you can't live without em....:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00