Scared of my own sister?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xoCherie, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

Not too sure if this goes here or what...but yeah

I'm a little hazy on all of what happened, but basically...

Last night, she was "chopping" (cutting up the weed to smoke it easily I think) in preparation for a bong, her boyfriend asked if he could do it instead and she snapped at him and told him to "get the fuck out of my face." His response was to step closer and reach out to her/the bowl, in response she kicked out at him, which made him over balanced and he fell onto the bed. Next thing I know she's grabbed his hair and is ripping at it while telling him to "let me the fuck go." (He was only holding her arm so he could get back up). While he's struggling to get up, she's biting him, scratching him, pulling his hair, and saying "can't wait to call the police. You want to end up in jail again? Huh?" At that I said "A____, he won't be the one going to jail with how much you've bit him." Next thing I know, she's telling me to "get the fuck out of my room! GET THE FUCK OUT YOU SHIT."
    There's a struggle in which she manages to kick her boyfriend away, grabbing her phone at the same time and either dialing or pretending to dial the police. He manages to get the phone off her, which she just says (proudly) that she'll just use my phone. I reply "No way. It's my phone," which just sets her off again. It ends up with me leaving the room scared and going downstairs almost in tears, while her and her boyfriend continue the fight.

I had this huge feeling of just calling the police for her, you know? Just...she's my sister. I never thought i'd see such hatred on her face...not ever. Even now I'm too scared/anxious to be around her. I had to sneak in to get the laptop and the wireless internet so I could go on here and vent, as well as do my job hunting.
    I don't know what to do. I can't move out, because I don't have any money - I had $320 saved up and she spent it all without fucking telling me, then says "where do you think all the food came from?" Well sorry for fucking thinking you had your own money! She's forced me into this position and I don't know how to get out. I've been here a week, I have nowhere I can turn to. I don't even have enough money for a bus ticket to go to the doctors. I came over here to get out of this kind of drama, now I'm even worse off.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Please, someone. Please help me or tell me what to do. I don't know, I can't cope. Please
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Has he done anything to hurt her or has she been hurt in the past? That's not a normal response in a relationship unless there is something else to it. Either she was in a horrible mood(caused by what?) or she has some reason to lash out at him or other people. Was she already high? Usually weed would make you more calm and not give a toss. Has her drug use increased recently? Can be a sign of needing to escape more, from something.

Idk... Im sorry youre in that sort of environment... but is this normal for your sister? It's going to be really, really tough atm to think about these questions actually. If this just happened, try and calm down and let yourself find a bit ofgrounding. But no, I wouldn't call the police. But I would if you have the energy have a think about some of the things I mentioned. If nothing really suits, perhaps she's just extremely stressed atm. No excuse for that behavior though.
  3. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

Okay it all came out. Her boyfriend's domestic violent. I got out of the shower to find him pinning her to the bed choking her, and there was two or three fights, he threw the bed at one stage, threatened me, grabbed me and shoved me to the floor when I had my phone out. I called the police because...I couldn't cope. I was hiding like a child in a spare room whispering into the phone crying. My sister and I are safe now, he's gone to jail for the night. We're at my sister's flat now.
    Whether I sleep or not will be interesting, since whenever I close my eyes his hatred-filled gaze fills my mind. I know 'm traumatized, he even said I was! I went into full on lockdown and I never have before.

The whole time, he was saying that I started it all, that it was all my fault that he choked my sister and "it wouldn't have gotten that bad if you'd stop being a bitch." I know I did nothing wrong but even so I can't get those words out of my head.
  4. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

So typical of an abuser to blame his victims!

You are amazing and heroic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.