Scared of next Monday.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheBLA, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I had left my job this past June and thus have had just about five months of vacation. Five months of just being able to stay home and do "nothing". For the most part, I've liked it but a smart part of me has also felt bored, despite having so much time to watch TV and play video-games, two things I have spent too much time on ruining my life over.

Last week, I got a new job and am to start this Monday, November 28th. Any "normal" person would say its great news to get a job, especially in this rough economic climate. Yet I am far from "normal". I am dreading next Monday, feeling like its the date of my execution.

I've become spoiled by the several months of freedom, sleeping and waking up when I wanted, making my own schedule, etc. Now I'll be working a strict 5 day 9 to 5 schedule, following all these rules, orders, etc. I wish I could have been weaned slower into this instead of all of a sudden. These several months of "vacation" seemed to go by so fast. But it always felt that way when I was at the last day of "freedom", such as during summer vacation before I had to go back to school as a child.

I know I must be sounding like a spoiled, whiny baby right now. Yet the thing is that I actually am. :(
    So many would love to have a job right now to put food on the table and a house over their heads. I am fortunate to have parents that still fully support me and wish I could mooch off of them forever, but its just not realistic. The problem is that I've been coddled and pampered too much.

Well, I had a job before, so I bet I can hack this as well. I'm partly worried that I can even do the job; I felt that I oversold myself in the interview but also that the interviewer had nepotism towards me, being from the same nationality. It would be quite embarrassing if the company thinks you can do the job and you prove you do not fit the qualifications on the first day. It would be embarrassing for me and the interviewer. But I'm more worried of this sudden change in schedule. I'm not a big fan of changes, especially sudden ones. But that's life, and a weakling like me has to adapt, or perish. I'm sure I'll perish soon in this cruel, harsh world I am not prepared for. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you just want to say good for you though hun for getting back out there and trying again. Try not to worry okay just take one day at a time and worry when and if you need to then okay I am sure you will do great hun first day is just getting orientated to your new postion right hugs

3. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Thank you. I do get very anxious of the future, especially of upcoming things like giving a speech, attending a party, going to a job interview, etc. I always freak out and think of the worst case scenario that will happen and most of the time, the event that I worry about so much goes by just fine.

So I hope the same happens with this job, that it will go better than I think and I'll be able to adjust to a working life again after not working for a few months now. Its going to be a huge and sudden transition, and its unfortunately, something I cannot back out of. I hope I can hack it and that its going to be better and less stressful than my last job! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I'm already getting that "butterfly-in-my-stomach" feeling and its not even Sunday night yet! :)

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Try not to think that far ahead okay just enjoy today let that day come when it does. You will be okay hun

5. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Good luck. I hope you do well on the job. and as for the change, just do the best you can with it. What type of job is it?

6. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Hi, its a job in I.T (information technology). Its a huge and very diverse field. I'll be dealing mainly with computer servers. My field in college was I.T, but unfortunately, I'm not too good at it. I feel the interviewer recommended me out of nepotism but I hope I can actually perform the job when it comes down to it. I was told I'd get training in the beginning; I hope it can teach me well enough for the job!

I think its funny I'm more worried about this sudden change in schedule, losing my free time instead of being worried that I can actually do the job well.

7. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Keep your chin up and think positively! If you think happy, you'll be happy and that'll make your job performance so much better. Good luck on Monday!

8. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

don't be so worried. believe in yourself. and Congrats on getting the job! some people aren't as lucky :blub:

9. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

One day at a time, I think somebody already said that.

And usually something isn't as bad as we fear it will be, at least in my experience.

congrats on the job, its a precious thing these days
    :hug:

10. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you feel down at your unemployment. I hope you can get a job soon. :)

I feel bad since I don't want to get a job yet and here I got it. You really want to get a job and yet you can't right now.

I want to keep enjoying and lounging, even though I've had lots of time to do it. I've just become accustomed and spoiled by my free-time. Also, I'm not in dire straits to need money, since I am spoiled and coddled by my parents. I am supported by them. I know I'm in different shoes than a lot of people out there.

Whew, wish me luck tomorrow. :mellow:

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Good luck tomorrow, I hope everything goes OK! :hug:

12. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Good luck for tomorrow,hope everything goes well for you. I always worry myself sick about how bad something's gonna be and as Texas kitty says it's rarely as bad as you imagine. Best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.