Scared of telling a new partner/ getting into new relationships

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheKitten, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKitten

TheKitten Member

So last year I was in a relationship with a guy who knew all about my depression and the suicidal thoughts but he just found it too stressful. He had planned on cheating on me not because he was a bad guy or anything but just because he wanted some company which was different from the reality he found with me. He loved me very much (we were engaged) but he just didn't cope well even though I had come to terms with who I was.

I'm now in a new relationship and my boyfriend knows about the depression part but not the wanting suicide part. After the previous relationship I became ashamed of myself and the hurt I could cause others. I don't want my new boyfriend to see me depressed because I'm scared he'll cheat on me. He thinks I'm complicated and hard to understand at times as it is. So now I'm just all distant in the hope that if I don't let myself feel anything, then I won't be hurt.... which unsurprisingly hurts him more.

any of you have similar problems?

2. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

yes i have a hard time with relationship, and you dont need to tell him all about this right away... probaly scare him off... take time and talk to him about things... and gradually tell him the whole story

3. baofu

baofu Active Member

Open up to him, gradually. Take it your pace, but make it clear to yourself, you need to tell him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.