Scared of the Dark

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

God is not real.
    If he is, he is just as flawed and human like as that of the older Gods who came before him.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth by their unrighteousness.

Wrath is noted as one of the seven sins. Your God has sinned.
    He has also broken one of the ten commandments when he flooded the world and killed everyone on the planet "Thou Shalt Not Kill".

But I know the fanatics, you'll say something like "well god doesn't need to follow the commandments" or "well.... THAT'S NOT EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS".

It is often the way of the Christians to use Bible verses as direct reference, at face value to defend their own arguments but hide behind them, claiming obscurity when they're challenged.

Here is a simple bit of logic for God's supposed omnipotence.

Can God make something so heavy, even he can't lift it?
    If yes, he isn't omnipotent because he can't lift.
    If no, he isn't omnipotent because he can't make it.

Another thing is God is claimed to be all knowing by fanatics, then tell me, why the hypocrisy?
    Give man free will = punish for not doing exactly what I say
    That is the equivalent of telling a child to draw exactly what they want as long as it's a duck and then slapping them for not drawing it right.

Adam & Eve; God knows all right? Then he set them up to fail on purpose?

Lucifer; God knows all right? So he designed the perfect evil to plague mankind, on purpose, because God must be seen as the ultimate good and Lucifer the ultimate evil.

Jobe; God knows all and yet feels the need to prove that one man is loyal to him by putting him through hell on earth to prove a point to Lucifer, why? Why does God care what Lucifer thinks?
  2. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

im liking that,,, definitely. I do not believe in god, more a connection of all things. Im too scientifically minded i think. at the end of the day all we are is a connection of chemicals,, they break down to atoms, they break down again and again,,,, even our ways of making decisions is drawing on past experiences and what we have learned, these in turn are stored in our brained,, more chemicals,, more electric and chemical connections,,, so basically we are the same as the ground we walk on, the things we feed off and the things we worship, no small, no bigger,, just the same
  3. Prof.Bruttenholm

Well actually our thought process is unique to some animals but follows a third dimensional construct, working from one point to the next, whether we realize it or not because we can only think and see in the third dimension, moving from one point to another, etc.
    As for chemical make up, that is true, we're just big walking bags of chemical reactions, unique to some other smaller or larger bags of chemical reactions but all basically made of the same stuff.
  4. poisonedresistance

surprising really how we are all so alike yet all so dissimilar. the only thing that makes us unique is our life experiences, experiences of others we learn about and the things we chose to learn and take on board, they help us decide the paths we take and the choices we make.
    Not surprising how some of us are just prone to constantly making the wrong ones
  5. Prof.Bruttenholm

I am hoping my first post wises up the God Squad to the truth.
  6. poisonedresistance

doubt that,, religion is a good thing for those who need something to cling to. As every form of control it has its good and its bad sides. in my eyes its just like money. good for some things but not for others. theres people here who recon the world will on this Saturday, how im feeling at the moment i couldn't really give a fuck either way!
  7. Prof.Bruttenholm

Christianity slowed down logical thought and humanity for about one thousand years
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.