scared of work

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xtufpa, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. well i dont know how could i explain it all since my english isnt really good, but our practice work from school just began. I am afraid of working since i heard for it. i am working at a saw, and every day after work i think of next day ohh no work again and basicly its really hard for me to work...

2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

When you leave school do you want to work in a saw?
    In the uk we call that work experience. It doesn't really matter unless you are doing something you want to do as a career. I worked in a cook shop lol. I didn't know i wanted to do as a career but we were forced to do something. If you don't like it that much don't go, just say your ill, it really means nothing here.

3. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

well we meed tp get 304 hours of that practice work so not matter if i say im ill i would have to work in soundays and saturdays or hollydays just to get those hours.

4. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Ours was different to that we had to take a week of school and had to work somewhere to get some work experience. Hopefully someone else can give you some better advice.

5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I'm quite nervous of my job, which is working in a call center. You can tell that for one suffering from depression, anxiety and low self-esteem, that is not a good job. But it is one I have to for at, at least for the time being. For the first seven weeks, I was in classroom training and that was fine, since I've been used to that since entering pre-school and just leaving college a few months ago.

Now that I'm actually on the phones, it is quite nerve-wracking. Not only do you have the upset customers, but management is also strict about meeting deadlines, numbers, etc. You feel treated like a machine, not a human being, to take these many calls a day, make sure each call is XX seconds long, make sure the customer is on hold no more than XX seconds, etc.

It is a type of job that has a high turn-over rate but its especially bad I think for those suffering from mental illnesses. Its already hard enough on people with healthy-minds.

6. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

well i know, but im not really in condition and we move heavy stuff arround and things like that...i fkin dont know how will i do it for 2 months...

7. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Hey xtufpa, is it because the work is hard that you're nervous, or is it because you aren't in the right state of mind?

8. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

well no, its hard to explain...at the morning when i wake up ohh no im going to work...when i work...ohh when it will be 3o clock (work ends) and im loohking at clock for hours...when i come home im thiking of next day...so its really umm...

9. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I totally understand what you're saying, and believe me, this kind of thinking is common. Jobs do get easier with time, and you will get used to having to go to work, but the thinking about it can take a while to get used to.

Unfortunately I don't really know what to tell you to make that kind of thinking go away (another member might be able to though), but I can say that if you can learn to have the right attitude towards work (e.g it's only a few hours, you'll get fitter, free time afterwards, you get paid for it (if you do get paid for this job) etc) then working will get a lot easier. Also, if you learn to take pride in your job, and be proud of the work you have done (no matter how easy or hard) then you will like working more.

One last thing - whenever you are at work, don't look at the clock unless you have to. Time will go by much faster if you are focusing on what you are doing, and not thinking about when it's time to leave. This trick also works for school, and any other task you are doing that involves some sort of work.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  10. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks Tobes for your suggestions, i will try to stick to them.

and no i dont get paid for it :(

Thanks!

11. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.