Scared Re: Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by vjred, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vjred

vjred Member

I've been depressed for a while. (I think that my meds are not working) I moved to this house in July and have had trouble getting a new doctor for my Rx's. I finally got an intake appt. for my meds (to decide if I needed Bi-Polar Meds I've Been on them for 16 years :ambivalence:). Funny it took a 15 page questionnaire and 2 ½ hours to decide if I get to see doctor. Then I have to go through ALL of it AGAIN. I feel like putting it all down on a little recorder and just playing it back for everyone that asks.

NOW to the point I have seen the same therapist for about 6 years, he almost 9 1/2 hours away 810 miles round trip. I have been still going to see him since I move here in July. However Can't keep making that trip it’s Too hard on me and the pocket book. Tomorrow I go see a new therapist for the first time in 6 years.

First it's a woman I seem to do better with men. Second what if I say the wrong thing? or she asks questions I am so not ready to answer, or I detach myself again and sound like this unfeeling robot? I already know that when I saw the other doctor he got freaked out by some of what I said.

I can't stay this way. It’s just getting to hard. How do I say that without scaring them?
  2. MisterBGone

I think that you should be congratulated on taking such a good stance on your own well being, with regards your health care. Taking care of yourself is important. What I would do if I were you, is to be open and honest with the new therapist, but also understand that it is okay to not say more than you're comfortable with and willing to say. In other words, as you're just getting to know her, don't be afraid to let her know that you're just not ready to discuss a particular matter yet. She should understand. One thing you should not do, is psyche yourself out before you've even met her. It's human nature, but talking about all of the things that could go wrong with a new psychologist when you've been so used to your old one, does not good. It's much more helpful to think of all the things that could go right!
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

vjred..perhaps if you do not have copy function on your printer, then go to UPS hopefully nearby and they will cheaply make a cursed copy of all 15 pages to help if needed at some other point in the future.. next month losing my own thereapist for the last 13 yrs.. she retiring.. can easily sympathize with you losing yours.. try to be honest and truthful in the paperwork and the interviews.. you probably should give this new therapist a chance before going negative.. if she a klinker then try to deal with it..

if current regimine of pills is working, i would tell the new shrink so and ask to not monkey with the meds now.. good luck with this intake process and if able let us know how it all goes.. Jim
  4. vjred

vjred Member

Thanks for the encouragement however one of the questions that is always asked, Is do have a plan? If I say yes. (Being honest.) Then they ask what is it? I can’t say it's none of your business. (That’s roud.) But I’m not going to tell her, it’s not her business.

1) I don’t trust her yet

2) She then runs to the phone and calls someone.

In the last 2 weeks I feel like this is just getting to be a oversize pain in the butt. If they (whoever they are) don’t want me to get or really want it is fix my med’s in the out in nowhere place I live now why I trying so hard.
  5. vjred

vjred Member

Thank you for your thought I have my meds list I’m the one that gives it to all the docs until my records catch up. Those pages were of he interview I just did again. I don’t get a copy of those.

My 6 year file is more than 15 pages first and I’m not 100% I would want to read what he wrote, second he wouldn’t give me a copy of them anyway, third I’ve told him things that I am nowhere near ready for someone else to know and may I will never share them again.

But again thank you for the thought
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Best of luck with your new therapist and I am very impressed the measures you have taken for your own well can be very proud of that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.