Scared.. Threatened.. Dont feel safe..

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kiba, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I went to group today.. and I saw the street kids.. and they talked to me and threatened me.. :blub: I'm not sure what to do.. I don't feel safe here anymore.. I had someone drive me home but.. I feel trapped.. :(

I cant deal with it.. My PTSD is also killing me.. Being inside is making me feel terrible.. I cant hardly sleep.. and I get this headache that keeps coming back.. And I keep getting itchy spells from food allergies (I think)..

I can't move.. no money to and on a Leese.. Not sure what I can do..

All I can do is keep my phone on me close.. They know were I live though and I'm not sure.. I don't know.. I'm not wanting to die.. really.. I just don't feel like I'm safe anywhere.. And I feel like its pointless to keep going..

I also saw a shooting here this summer.. and I'm not really wanting to even go outside to smoke! :blub:

I'm not sure what anyone can really do for me.. My therapist knows about it.. Idk..
  2. dragonfly70

dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

Hi Swift,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time right now. Is there someone you could call to come over and be with you tonight? I'm not sure what your situation is, but I understand about not feeling safe. A few years ago, some things happened that left me feeling very unsafe in public and I had a hard time leaving my home. When I did go out, I had to know where the exit was at all times. Over time, the fear has subsided, but it took a while. What has your therapist suggested you do about the threats from the street kids? For now, just focus on getting through tonight. Lock your doors and stay here with us, or find something funny to watch on TV or something. Hang in there -

3. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I don't have any friends.. :nerves: Not really anyone to come here.. I had a knock on my door a few min ago and scared the HELL out of me cuz the street kids KNOW were I live... :blub: I see my therapist tomorrow.. But I'm just scared as Hell right now :nerves:
  4. dragonfly70

Is it late enough where you are to just call it a night? Maybe take a PRN med if you have one? Again, right now it's just about getting through the night until you can talk to your therapist again. :hug:
  5. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

its almost 7pm here.. And like.. I dont take meds.. Im not on any and tbh Im kinda paranoid about taking medications.. from all the treatment Ive had.. :( I've not been sleeping.. and when I do I just have nightmares from my PTSD.. :blub: sorry.. not trying to shoot down ur ideas... I just normally am up till like.. 4am or 8am.. idk.. Im up all night.. sleep day.. well.. part of the morning.. not been sleeping well :(
  6. dragonfly70

Oh, don't be sorry - we're all different and what works for one might not be right for someone else. Does your therapist have an after-hours line you could call? It sounds like it's early enough there for someone to be available. It's just about getting through the night right now, okay?

I just checked to see who might be in the chat room, and saw you in there. That's a great place to be when you need some company. Hang in there. You'll get through this.
  7. Youth

Youth Active Member

If you're scared of somebody doing something to you than you should go about your usual activities regardless of what other people do or say to you. They certainly aren't going to kill you. And let's say they walk up to you again and do start fighting you -- sometimes getting in a raucous situation can be an empowering thing. There's a movie I watched called "The Air I Breathe" with Forrest Whitaker. Basically, when these people get into all these really threatening situations they find out more about themselves. I encourage you to smoke your cigarette if that's what you want to do. I've been in a lot of fights for no reason and as long as you haven't done anything to them the chances are highly unlikely they're going to hurt you really bad. Enjoy your night. And watch a movie or order a pizza. It may take your mind off of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.