Scared to be here and distressed

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by DrowningOphelia, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear Members,

I am very nervous and scared to be here, but am more worried to be not. I know I need help. It has gone too far.
    I can say no more.

-Drowning Ophelia
  2. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Hi there and welcome to SF, I'm glad you came here for support and hope to see you around on the forum and in chat :hug:
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am glad you found us. It is hard to do new things, even to just join and post on a new site like this - the fact that you have shows great strength. If you would like to share more of your situation here or in one of the sub forums we would be happy to listen ....

Take Care and Be Safe

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome. I know joining a site like this can be scary, but I hope you'll continue to talk about what brought you here.
  5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Drowning Ophelia
    Welcome, though a welcome here is never under the best circumstances. Regardless that, you have peer support here that is hard to find elsewhere.
    Have you considered sitting down with someone you trust, someone who perhaps believes in you, a mentor, coach, teacher, relative, doctor, clergy, or better: sibling or parent? Discuss with them how you feel and don't hold back. Let them know that this is serious and that it should be treated no differently than if you were having a pain in your kidney, or some other "physical" disease type symptom(s).

Here's wishing you best wishes and good luck - pave forward, there is strength in seeking help and there is truth in understanding that there is hope.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.