Scared to die

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wastedmylife, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

that is my problem at this point, I cant go on in the shape I am in but I have always been scared to die, ever since I was a kid, I never had any peace or happiness in my life and now I am left dead in a horribly miserable physical state

I can not describe the nightmare that is my life

How do I get over my fear of death at this point
  2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Instead of stressing over your fear of dieing, perhaps you can worry about ways to live. :hug:
  3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Death is a normal part of life. Fear of death is pretty normal because life is for most people the preferrable option. Those of us who want to die have to seek out reasons to live. A lot of the time, the only way to keep going another day is to promise yourself not to do anything until tomorrow. Our goal is to find reasons to keep living - mine is family. I hope you can find yours. For now, just promise yourself another day.
  4. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I was never given a chance at life, mother fucker, why didnt I appreciate life when I had it, why didnt I stick up for myself
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Everyone is afraid to die. It just goes against the grain of humanity. We weren't put here to harm ourselves. But there are those of us who think we were stuck in the wrong lifetime. Me I was born 100 years late. To many rules to follow now adays.
    A 100 years ago you only had to answer to yourself. Sure it was a hard life but you had an inner peace that you knew you only had to take care of yourself and your horse.
    Am I scared to die? No I am not I have faced it several times and I am living on borrowed time. I am ready to go anytime. I use to use my daughter and grandaughter as deterints. Well that doesn't work anymore after having them here for four months using us and then just disappearing to a friends house on the west coast of florida.
    Now I have nothing holding me here! The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I set some goals for me to accomplish before I do anything. I have decided to wait until new years eve and go out with a bang. We'll see! If I meet all my goals I set then I may change my mind. Good Luck to you!!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.