scared to drive

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MUtE, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MUtE

MUtE Well-Known Member

Today I had to pick up my cousin from his work and drop him off at his house. When I was driving home, I kept wishing that someone would run a red light and hit me from the driver side. I kept praying for a truck to run a red light at every intersection I was in.

2. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

Ugh I've had similar problems - although for me its more just wanting to floor it and drive the car off the road into something. I understand how it might be scary to drive if you feel out of control... I know I often do when I'm feeling at my worst, my urges get incredible strong and I really have lost control and become victim to them before. Its happened on the road and I've had some extremely dangerous driving experiences (shamefully with someone in the car) - Its really terrifying to lose control like that, especially when on the road I know I could end up hurting someone else too.

:hug:

3. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: hey mute, i'm sorry you're feeling like this, a lot of us here do though.. as long as you don't do anything to put yourself in harms way then it's okay :hug: do you have a therapist you can talk to? if not, it might be a good idea to see one :arms:
    xx

4. MUtE

MUtE Well-Known Member

No, I can't afford nor can my family afford me to go see a therapist.

5. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I used to feel this way riding my motorcycle.

6. rosky71

rosky71 Well-Known Member

i know the exact feeling mute, i feel the same way. today even i was driving and i was hoping someone would just run into me

7. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Just been out in the car, driving like a looper and thinking I shouldn't be out in the car when I feel this bad. It's just that you have to make sure that no one else gets hurt in the process, that's what is important.

8. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's the same there as here, but I just recently got sent to a therapist at a hospital and there is no charge. The doctor knew my family does not know, and that I do not have the money. Maybe there is an opportunity there?

Best wishes.

9. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

Hi Mute,

I often feel the same way. My husband's niece's husband was in a motorcycle accident yesterday. He is in critical shape. I am praying for God to help him. I am asking God to let him live and let me die. Why couldn't this have been me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.