scared to see a doctor...

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by blackstar23, May 12, 2015.

1. blackstar23

blackstar23 New Member

I don't know what id say and I've heard lots of people online and irl that claim their doctor just told them they were 'just a bit sad' and to basically get over it. I don't think i could take a doctor saying that to me, it would hit me very hard... help i don't know what to do from here..
  2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

If a doctor tells you that, then they are not a good doctor and you should find another.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It can be scary to take the first step, I know it was for me. But a good doctor will listen to your concerns and want to help you. It is hard to open up sometimes, but you can tell them how you've been feeling and go from there.
  4. lostcupcake

lostcupcake Member

I am in the same boat i feel like i will be laughed at and told there's nothing wrong with me. I need help tho so i must try i have booked an appointment for next week. i will keep trying until i get the help i need because anything is better than feeling like this. I hope this gives you the strength to do the same.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Most doctors will not treat you like that so it is best to go and see one. I have seen so many doctors over the last 7 years and they have been supportive,kind and caring. I did see one doctor after an OD who asked me was I looking for attention, I was so angry at him. I told him to change his damn job.
    Please go and see a professional, 99 percent of the time they will be helpful :hugs:
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry but how do you know what really was said in that room between the doctor and the person?

Just FYI .... I know irl that SOME people tend not want to get the help/hear the facts they need help by painting a picture of a insensitive/horrible incaring doctor to excuse themselves from getting the help they need.