Scared to sleep in my bedroom.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by ~CazzaAngel~, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I'm not really sure how to say this... I was sexually abused by my step father throughout a great deal of my childhood. It to this day effects if I sleep, how I sleep where I sleep and the conditions of where I sleep.

I have a decent sized bed, a good sized bedroom and I've decorated it up. I don't sleep in my bed, or my bedroom. I sleep in my living room on a couch, with my TV on. The only time I sleep in a bedroom or bed is if it's with my partner and only if I trust them.

I am scared to sleep in my apartment when I'm alone, but I can't sleep if someone is in my apartment that I don't trust a lot. I'm afraid. I am scared to sleep in my bedroom.

I'm afraid I will be attacked again. I know it's not that logical; my step father is dead, and my other past abusers are not near me. I am still scared though. I keep an outfit of clothes next to my couch, as I always feel I need to be prepared to run away.

Has anyone experienced this? Has anything helped?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is okay is normal that you have this fear hopefully with therapy it will lessen some I slept with light on for years and lock on my bedroom door I hope in time as with me the fear lessens and you become more strong with therapy take care okay it is normal to have this fear after all you went through:hugtackles:

3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Prayer and faith helped me in all of my sufferings. This is the only thing I personally have found that has the power to release me from my torments in this life. I am free, and I am at peace. This is available to anyone. I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings..

4. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Would getting a protective breed of dog be practical? The dog could be a great companion and help you through depression. Have you considered some type of motion detecting alarm for your bedroom or several around your apartment to help with that horrible feeling of being snuck up on while sleeping? I have chronic anxiety and I slept much better when I had a motion detector when renting a room in a neighborhood that had been plagued with robberies.

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I wish I could get a dog. I love animals, but unfortunately, we are not allowed pets in this building. That would make me feel better though, I think.. Too bad. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.