Scared To Sleep Now

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by LetItGo, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Not sure how i can explain my sleep these days....its hard to explain.

Basically i try to go to sleep and slip into these semi unconscious states...not really dreaming, because im not asleep yet. Its scarey because I cant stop myself and I feel trapped inside them. I constantly find myself trying to snap out of it. I use to think it was because of pressure I applied to the back of my head sleeping flat, but now its happening side on...It seems no matter how I try to sleep this happens....The only solution now is Avanza....its the only decent sleep I get, and then I feel like a zombie for the half the day when I wake up...
    oh btw its 4.56am as im writing this....and thats pretty typical lately.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is very difficult dealing with everyday life when you can't sleep. Everything seems to get worse. I am glad you have something that does help you to sleep, but being a zombie for half the day isn't a very good option, is it? Have you spoken to your doc about how it affects you? Maybe they need to adjust your meds in some way. I hope things get easier for you soon, MJ. :hug:

3. Tahiti

Tahiti Well-Known Member

It's called sleep paralysis. I get those ALL the time. Like you feel like there's a lot of weight on your chest, and also as if someone is suffocating you right? And you want to move and scream out but you can't.

Lack of sleep or too much sleep, or being too tired...just try to get sum rest yo.

- (Unreger)

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Exactly..

I get it every night now.

5. Style

Style Well-Known Member

my friend suffered from those, until she found out it was an actual condition, she was convinced a ghost had raped her.

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

You need to have a word with your doc about this Matt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.