Scared to Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so scared to sleep... I don't know what to do anymore... I keep begging the doctors to change my meds and they added an antidepressant to help me sleep (antidepressants ALWAYS have bad effects on me). Now I'm scared to sleep and emotionally unstable on top of it. Now I am back at school and the mental health care here is still very stigmatized and they treat people like they are crazy and dangerous... I don't know what to do...

booklovr

Distract.
I hate going to bed too.
Just...try to exhaust yourself.go for a run.work extra.
Read .read a book.classic....some autobiography...something..
If not possible...
Try to plug your ears with music and just lie down...hopefully I'll think of the music and not the dark thoughts.
Hugs*
Just take care...and try to ...u kno believe the medications will help.im at loss here...
Take care thorn.

Shagarath

my own fear of sleeping have been reduced greatly after i got some sleeping meds. now im getting tired before i go to bed, so i know the sleep will come before the anger and/or sadness

some_random_name

The stigma may be hard to overcome and I'm not going to tell you this from a perspective of someone who has overcame the stigma but it would be better if I did overcome the stigma. I'd be better if I got help. Professional help. I hate sleeping as well. Exhaust yourself until you just go to sleep. Your dreams may be horrible but in my case it's better to have slept and have nightmares then to not sleep at all.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I managed to sleep an hour then woke up again, I've been like this for the past week. Then I sit up all night and I'm tired during the day. I hope everyone feels better :(

AdamTide

I like the suggestions saying to exhaust yourself or tire yourself out so that you go to sleep. Can walk or jog or read. Things WILL get better. Relax when you can. Tell yourself everything is going to be ok. Positive thoughts can help a lot. There is GOOD to get out of life. You are not alone. There is hope.

Fear of sleep, inability to sustain sleep, and bad dreams are symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA, not that you necessicarily have it). OSA is a medically recognized sleep disorder, one of many. Not surprising, sleep ruined by OSA is a stress multiplier, and depression is a common side effect, along with reduced ability to focus attention, concentrate, and remember things. Common symptoms are heavy snoring, tossing and turning, and excessive daytime sleepiness, among others. It can be diagnosed and treated (without drugs), so that normal sleep can be restored, and bad dreams reduced. .

Shagarath

nah... as soon as i fall asleep its a good nights sleep. its just that in order to fall asleep, i have to relax. when i relax al the thoughts i have used the whole day to escape from, keeps returning. thus making it impossible to sleep and also making me scared to go try and sleep the next day

Shagarath

i often use a similar way to what is described in several of the "sleep hypnosis" videos of youtube. other times i just close my eyes and im able to fall asleep at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00