scared to sleep...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by justmeonlyme, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

ok as some of you may have herd there was a 7.1 earthquake in New Zealand... well where i am we felt it as far as i no nothing in my town is destroyed or anything like that... we have been getting after shocks at well... ok well this isnt what this post is about...well kinda...
    ok so last night there where 2 aftershocks felt out where i am on one at about 11.30pm and the other at 3 something am and well i slept thought them both... well tonight... im so scared to sleep... im scared theres gana be another earthquake and i want wake up and then i will never wake up... its such a confusing feeling coz for the past 4 years i have wanted nothing more than to just go to sleep and never wake up... im just so confused by how i feel...
    just wondering has anyone else ever been in a similar position?

2. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Uhm.. I can kind of relate to what you're saying. I've been feeling down and thinking thoughts towards ending my life for a little while now, but I still panic and get scared when I'm in a dangerous situation that could possibly end my life or percieve myself as being in a situation that could do that (like crossing a busy road).

I think at the end of the day, much like me, you want to die on your own terms, and when you choose to, not out of nowhere without any warning or way to leave some kind of message behind beforehand. I can relate to your fears, and I'm sorry that you're too afraid to sleep tonight, I remember when we got burgled I felt I couldn't sleep at night for a long time after that because of my fears of it happening again whilst I was asleep, but after a while it died down slightly (although not completely) and with the aid of sleeping pills, I can now sleep soundly through the night again.

It's mostly just a waiting game until the effects of what you fear has worn off, unless you want to go down the sleeping pills route like I eventually did. It really depends on how deep your fear is and how long it lasts. I hope you manage to sleep well soon enough and I'm sorry about the earthquakes going on in your country at the moment.

3. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I suppose I can somewhat realte.
    Like for example sometimes I want to die, but then if something happenes where I could indeed die and I feel kinda scared like I don't really want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.